Author Topic: 9/11 truther poles still standing  (Read 1074 times)

Offline gmalivuk

• Frequent Poster
    • http://gmalivuk.livejournal.com
Re: 9/11 truther poles still standing
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 09:14:33 PM »
The thread title made me think maybe someone was doing this to truthers, but the actual content was a lot less interesting.

The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better...is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »
Looks like the end scene of "Shin Godzilla".
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 10:20:46 AM »
BTW, CTers  do lie and quite consciously. The Waco siege videos include on of a armored combat vehicle punching a hole in the side of the compound to inject tear gas. The CTers stop the video at what they say is a "flash of fire." They have to stop it right there because the longer video shows it to be a piece of paper blowing around. They can and do lie, never doubt that.
Blew my mind when I figured this out.  I must have been really naive in my youth.  What really blew my mind was that they lie about easily debunked things.  Like, these poles would have been knocked down by an airplane.  When the poles are not in the path of the airplane in question.

The other thing they do that really amazes me, fixate on supposed anomalies that don't amount to much.  Here's picture of poles that should have been knocked down! I look at the picture and think, "why?  Looks like the plane just came in from a different direction."  Plausible mundane explanations never work, its always wild speculation to explain things that don't really need an explanation.  "No steel building other WTC7 collapsed due to fire!"  Except they have and very few buildings burn for 7 hours.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:25:03 AM by Ah.hell »

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 10:37:29 AM »
If their mission was "the truth" they wouldn't lie. But their mission is to piss on people. Therefore truth has little relevance. The LIHOP* theory regarding Pearl Harbor is that FDR wanted to get into the war in Europe and the Tripartite Pact made it mandatory that German declare on the US if Japan attacked us. (Not true, and would depend on Hitler keeping his word anyway.)

The irrelevance of truth is noticeable in Fox "News" operating paradigm, as many people have already noticed. They're one step above Alex Jones.

*Let It Happen On Purpose
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_lie

Or the good actually think they are fighting for a greater good.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 11:46:53 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_lie

Or the good actually think they are fighting for a greater good.
Yeah, delusions.

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 11:26:41 AM »
Ok no need to be so rude, Im on your side. Im asking is there anything online that examines this claims and shows it to be false?

How about the numerous pictures of downed poles taken at the Pentagon that day?

This is what's so amusing to me about conspiracy theories - they can't all be true. Some say that no plane hit the Pentagon. Some say that something hit the Pentagon but it wasn't a plane. And they both think they have evidence that proves it. But the only way to come to that conclusion is to ignore better evidence.
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 12:05:32 PM »
Ok no need to be so rude, Im on your side. Im asking is there anything online that examines this claims and shows it to be false?

How about the numerous pictures of downed poles taken at the Pentagon that day?

This is what's so amusing to me about conspiracy theories - they can't all be true. Some say that no plane hit the Pentagon. Some say that something hit the Pentagon but it wasn't a plane. And they both think they have evidence that proves it. But the only way to come to that conclusion is to ignore better evidence.
It's not about facts, it's about attacking someone or something. Bush, the entire US government, whatever, when you're slinging mud you don't worry about how sanitary it is.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »
Years ago I heard an interviewer with someone who had attended a CTer convention.  She was struck that most of the speakers were thinly veiled ant-semites except for one who was jewish and his take was that the grand conspirators were all NAZI's.   She was struck that this didn't seem to cause much controversy.  All they seemed to care about was that there was some grand conspiracy run by somebody evil.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 01:49:14 AM »
As an aside, if Jews really do control the world then they're superhumans and probably deserve the role. 
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline drproximo

• Off to a Start
  • fnord
    • blaugh
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »
BTW, CTers  do lie and quite consciously. The Waco siege videos include on of a armored combat vehicle punching a hole in the side of the compound to inject tear gas. The CTers stop the video at what they say is a "flash of fire." They have to stop it right there because the longer video shows it to be a piece of paper blowing around. They can and do lie, never doubt that.
This is one of the more infuriating parts of listening to old Bill Hicks bits. Like Bill Maher, I often observe that for all the things Hicks got right, he got so many things outrageously wrong that listening to his albums is like a minefield.
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."

- Jack Kerouac, On The Road

personate-rain