Author Topic: What's that thingy?  (Read 1820 times)

Offline arthwollipot

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Observer of Phenomena
Re: What's that thingy?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 04:56:31 AM »
Kinda pointless if you don't know what it is. There should be an opportunity for someone to get a right answer and be confirmed. Otherwise people can post any tiny bit of trash they happen to see.
I suppose it depends on whether you see this as a contest asking "who can be the first to get what this is?", or whether you view it as a genuine enquiry asking "guys, I have no clue what this thing I found is - can anyone enlighten me?"

Personally I find the latter way more interesting in the former.

Well, the OP started this thread with an item he knew the name and use of and showing us only a part of the item to make it more difficult to determine what it was, so he was clearly thinking of it as a contest.
I think there's room in the thread for both approaches. Like I said, I have a preference for one of them, but I'm not violently opposed to the presence of the other.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: What's that thingy?
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2017, 02:30:05 PM »
Would be nice if we knew somebody knew.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

personate-rain