Author Topic: Skeptics on TV  (Read 651 times)

Offline CarbShark

• Reef Tank Owner
Skeptics on TV
« on: September 28, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »
Since these pop up every now and then I decided to start a topic where we post them:

Michael Shermer, founder of Skeptic magazine, talks about his book, "Skeptic: Viewing the World with a Rational Eye," a collection of his columns going back to 2001; he is interviewed at Freedom Fest.  (N)  (Saturday, 9:10 p.m.) CSPAN2 (Check your local times)
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just a guy who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline CarbShark

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: Skeptics on TV
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 05:00:31 PM »
Skeptics, if you're not familiar with Tim Minchin, set your DVR to record this!

Wed., Dec. 13, 2017
The Late Late Show With James Corden Dwayne Johnson; Jack Black; Tim Minchin performs. (N) 12:37 a.m. CBS

I'm not a doctor, I'm just a guy who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline CarbShark

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »
Eric Idle's The Entire Universe It’s staggering to consider what Monty Python alum Eric Idle would attempt if he were given 90 minutes instead of the hour he’s allotted here for this new special, which is a giddy blend of musical comedy, science and variety. Filmed before a live audience, the program opens as Idle introduces renowned British physicist Brian Cox to explain the 138-billion-year history of the cosmos. Actor Warwick Davis and comic Noel Fielding are among those providing frequent interruptions. Eric Idle persuades professor Brian Cox to present a lecture on the birth of the entire universe, but Brian soon realizes Eric is actually hosting a comedy and musical extravaganza. (N) (1 hr.) Friday, PBS (Check local listings)

Offline CarbShark

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 03:01:42 PM »

OK, technically this is Science Fiction on TV, not Skeptics, but still:

Have TARDIS, will time travel: The new special “Doctor Who: The Lost Episode” uses remastered footage and new animation to reconstruct an unfinished 1970s-era tale from the venerable British science fiction drama penned by “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” author Douglas Adams and starring Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor. 8 p.m. BBC America (Check local listings. Our British friends have probably already seen it)

personate-rain
personate-rain