Author Topic: Omnibus Sexual Harrassment in Media Discussion thread  (Read 15611 times)

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
Re: Omnibus Sexual Harrassment in Media Discussion thread
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2019, 01:49:39 PM »
NYPD investigating David Blaine for alleged sexual assault: report

Celebrity magician David Blaine is under investigation by the New York Police Department for allegedly sexually assaulting two women, according to the Daily Beast.

A senior NYPD official told the news outlet that detectives with the police department’s Special Victims Unit took statements from two women who allege they were sexually assaulted by Blaine.

One of the incidents may fall outside the statute of limitations, as a woman told NYPD detectives Blaine sexually assaulted her inside his apartment in 1998.

The other instance stems from a 2004 allegation from former model Natasha Prince, who says Blaine raped her in London. Scotland Yard detectives reportedly took a statement from Prince at the time and declined to take additional action after investigating the allegation.

Why again is there a statute of limitations on rape and sexual assault?

Offline Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
Re: Omnibus Sexual Harrassment in Media Discussion thread
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2019, 02:25:09 PM »
NYPD investigating David Blaine for alleged sexual assault: report

Celebrity magician David Blaine is under investigation by the New York Police Department for allegedly sexually assaulting two women, according to the Daily Beast.

A senior NYPD official told the news outlet that detectives with the police department’s Special Victims Unit took statements from two women who allege they were sexually assaulted by Blaine.

One of the incidents may fall outside the statute of limitations, as a woman told NYPD detectives Blaine sexually assaulted her inside his apartment in 1998.

The other instance stems from a 2004 allegation from former model Natasha Prince, who says Blaine raped her in London. Scotland Yard detectives reportedly took a statement from Prince at the time and declined to take additional action after investigating the allegation.

Why again is there a statute of limitations on rape and sexual assault?
I'm guessing a lot of these cases rely on witness testimony.  We all know how that degrades over time.  I'd rather see a system where you can't call eye witnesses in cases after a certain time but physical evidence would know no time limit.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

personate-rain