Author Topic: "Females Ruined Gaming For Those Who Don't Have Sex"  (Read 2566 times)

Offline lobsterbash

• Keeps Priorities Straight
"Females Ruined Gaming For Those Who Don't Have Sex"
« on: November 03, 2017, 01:26:53 PM »
Anybody familiar with the "involuntary celibate" gaming community? I just learned about the existence of it today...

I'll just leave these here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Incels/

*RUNS AWAY*

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
Re: "Females Ruined Gaming For Those Who Don't Have Sex"
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:02:57 PM »
Yeah...   It's cringe inducing how they blame everyone but themselves for how people react to them.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
I made the mistake of reading some “incel” blogs and web pages.  It’s horrible reading: they’ve decided, essentially, that women have runined their lives by being independent enough to make their own sexual choices (they frequently bemoan, for instance, women’s right to vote or have jobs of their own).  They glorify rape and many seem to have fantasies of enslaving women.  Very disturbing stuff. And, bizarrely, they somehow (I honestly couldn’t figure out how) connect this to the fact that companies are making video games that appeal to women.

It’s the “nice guys never get the girl” paranoia taken to its bitter and hateful extreme.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline lobsterbash

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 11:38:56 AM »
I made the mistake of reading some “incel” blogs and web pages.  It’s horrible reading: they’ve decided, essentially, that women have runined their lives by being independent enough to make their own sexual choices (they frequently bemoan, for instance, women’s right to vote or have jobs of their own).  They glorify rape and many seem to have fantasies of enslaving women.  Very disturbing stuff. And, bizarrely, they somehow (I honestly couldn’t figure out how) connect this to the fact that companies are making video games that appeal to women.

It’s the “nice guys never get the girl” paranoia taken to its bitter and hateful extreme.

Spot on observations. It's sad how these dejected and bitter young men are able to clump together now and confirm/validate each other's destructive attitudes, whereas before the internet they would have been forced to work through their issues and better themselves.

Fucking echo chambers.

Offline lobsterbash

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 11:44:38 AM »
I've also noticed that this demographic is vulnerable to alt-right rhetoric, in its contempt for others. Gamergate has overlap between the two; the poor, victimized white male kicking and screaming (trolling) against "PC culture."

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »

Spot on observations. It's sad how these dejected and bitter young men are able to clump together now and confirm/validate each other's destructive attitudes, whereas before the internet they would have been forced to work through their issues and better themselves.

I once was in group therapy with a guy who I'm sure today would be in an MRA or Incel group.  All he could talk about was how women don't want nice guys like him and therefore deserved it when they were mistreated by their partners.  Giant chip on his shoulder over it, and it was obvious from a few minutes in the same room with him why nobody would want to get into a relationship with him.  Yet somehow he never considered that his own behavior might be the issue, rather than some sort of deficiency in the entire female sex.

Oh, and Lesbians were also to blame because they were stealing girls from us menfolk.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
I watched that video from the OP's quote.  Is that satire on the group?  It seems like it is from other videos on his channel.

#non-belief denialist

Offline lobsterbash

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 12:29:39 PM »
I watched that video from the OP's quote.  Is that satire on the group?  It seems like it is from other videos on his channel.

Yeah, sorry, I should have clarified that. The dude is mocking actual posts made by members of the "incel" group.

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 02:44:35 PM »
To be clear, the comments are real comments made by other people on the internet. The satire comes from the presentation, comparing them to the out of touch aristocratic, let them eat cake attitudes of old.

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »
the incel community is one of the reasons why I sometimes wonder if the internet is a net negative.  Could such a group possibly exist without the internet?
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 01:52:21 PM »
the incel community is one of the reasons why I sometimes wonder if the internet is a net negative.  Could such a group possibly exist without the internet?
Not to the same extent I would wager.
But then again, I think the internet has done more to push forward diversity and tolerance and give the marginalised a voice than it has to enable shittiness.
And I think this type of shittiness is just a twitch reaction to the progress being made.

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 01:54:53 PM »
Not to the same extent I would wager.
But then again, I think the internet has done more to push forward diversity and tolerance and give the marginalised a voice than it has to enable shittiness.
And I think this type of shittiness is just a twitch reaction to the progress being made.

yeah can't disagree, just sometimes these communities are so shocking.  I recently found there was an entire internet community just dedicated to bashing the video bloggers on channel awesome.  I couldn't imagine being that pathetic.
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline lobsterbash

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 02:06:33 PM »

Not only their existence as a group, but the fact that they feed off each other and probably amplify their own contempt and self pity.

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • God Emeritus
  • Frequent Poster
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 03:08:54 PM »
On a side note, the video is the OP is now the only way I want to read comments on the internet.
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 04:51:27 PM »
So reddit just banned their incels subreddit. I'd never even seen it, but amidst the celebration on reddit, I saw a screenshot or two of some of the posts there and holy hell... One of them was just a guy saying he saw a female cashier burst into tears while he was waiting in line, and when he found out that it was because her nephew had died, he was overjoyed. Then the comments went on to congratulate him and agree that female tears are always wonderful to see because they have it so easy...

personate-rain