Author Topic: "Females Ruined Gaming For Those Who Don't Have Sex"  (Read 2760 times)

Offline lobsterbash

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Re: "Females Ruined Gaming For Those Who Don't Have Sex"
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 05:38:46 PM »
So reddit just banned their incels subreddit. I'd never even seen it, but amidst the celebration on reddit, I saw a screenshot or two of some of the posts there and holy hell... One of them was just a guy saying he saw a female cashier burst into tears while he was waiting in line, and when he found out that it was because her nephew had died, he was overjoyed. Then the comments went on to congratulate him and agree that female tears are always wonderful to see because they have it so easy...

Holy shit. Well, it was "fun" while it lasted. I guess these guys will just post on r/theredpill now.

Online John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
The Internet seems to have revealed the depth of awfulness that lurks beneath the surface of human society. Who are these people who spend so much of their time and attention hating on women, yet they still believe they're just the nice guys who just can't catch a break?

How can they not see the obvious, that the problem does not lie with the entirety of the feminine gender but with themselves?

Offline lobsterbash

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 09:16:46 AM »
Web archived incel reddit posts for those who are curious:

https://web.archive.org/web/20171023195537/https://www.reddit.com/r/Incels/

Offline Halleyscomet

• But I'm feeling much better now...
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • And then, one day, at Bible Camp...
    • My Pointless Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »
Games show how the presence of competent women generates hostile behavior in incompetent men

A 2015 study set out to understand the nuts and bolts of sexist hostility using a timely method: how people behaved in online rounds of Halo 3. They found that incompetent men are triggered by competent women. Surprise!
We hypothesised that female-initiated disruption of a male hierarchy incites hostile behaviour from poor performing males who stand to lose the most status. To test this hypothesis, we used an online first-person shooter video game that removes signals of dominance but provides information on gender, individual performance, and skill. We show that lower-skilled players were more hostile towards a female-voiced teammate, especially when performing poorly. In contrast, lower-skilled players behaved submissively towards a male-voiced player in the identical scenario.

The worse the player, the more hostility expressed toward women in-game. Angry gamers: Losers even in their own escapist fantasies, like Arnold Rimmer with a tiki torch.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
I don't understand how they can maintain this warped worldview in face of the plain evidence that poor and ugly people fuck, get married, and have more children than they can afford all the time.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline lobsterbash

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 10:14:48 AM »
I don't understand how they can maintain this warped worldview in face of the plain evidence that poor and ugly people fuck, get married, and have more children than they can afford all the time.

I guess once you go down a path of hate, it really puts the perception filter on overdrive. Strong emotions tend to do that.

Plus it's so much easier to externalize the source of pain.

And put all these sad guys into a community where they confirm and feed each other... what could go wrong?

Offline Halleyscomet

• But I'm feeling much better now...
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • And then, one day, at Bible Camp...
    • My Pointless Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 01:56:49 PM »

From what I've seen, part of the issue for them is they want supermodels. They think they deserve the most beautiful women around, and the fact that they can't get those women, that they'd have to, in their minds, "settle" for a woman who doesn't meet their standards, is proof of their grievances. It's not the mere lack of available partners that irks them so, it's the lack of partners that meet their obtuse and impossible criteria.

To put it in auto terms, they have their sights set not just on an expensive, limited run sports car, but an imaginary version of that sports car that also has a massive cargo capacity and low maintenance costs. Because they can't get that car at their local dealership for the price of a low-end sedan, they conclude that ALL cars are evil, refuse to get any car at all and blame the auto industry all while ignoring the fact that they don't even know how to drive or maintain a car.

Oh, and they think any car that's been test driven by anyone else is a worthless car beneath their standards and they make fun of people who DO buy cars. I won't even go near how leasing fits into this analogy.

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »

It's really all about one thing, and thing is not valuing a woman for anything other than a warm wet place to put your dick.

If they actually cared about finding a partner they respected and treated women like people, instead of sex toys, i think a lot of their issues would vanish in a puff of smoke.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:27:36 PM by superdave »
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »

From what I've seen, part of the issue for them is they want supermodels. They think they deserve the most beautiful women around, and the fact that they can't get those women, that they'd have to, in their minds, "settle" for a woman who doesn't meet their standards, is proof of their grievances. It's not the mere lack of available partners that irks them so, it's the lack of partners that meet their obtuse and impossible criteria.

To put it in auto terms, they have their sights set not just on an expensive, limited run sports car, but an imaginary version of that sports car that also has a massive cargo capacity and low maintenance costs. Because they can't get that car at their local dealership for the price of a low-end sedan, they conclude that ALL cars are evil, refuse to get any car at all and blame the auto industry all while ignoring the fact that they don't even know how to drive or maintain a car.

Oh, and they think any car that's been test driven by anyone else is a worthless car beneath their standards and they make fun of people who DO buy cars. I won't even go near how leasing fits into this analogy.

this is a good analogy.  and it shows just how warped their views are, because even these mythical women that reject them don't exist. 
Just peruse one of those websites that shows celebs without makeup. 
They look like "gasp"  normal people. 
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline 6EQUJ5

• The Swoligator
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »
I used to get a lot of glee from lurking at /r/incels, but I have to say, I started to feel more sympathy than loathing for them. I can be somewhat sympathetic to the need to vent and be angry when you feel like life has handed you an unfair circumstance. I have said- among my close feminist friends- terrible and angry things about men that are completely unwarranted but that give me much-needed catharsis when I have encountered things that make me angry because they feel unjust. The problem with these guys is when they get so public about it- and I've seen different groups of "incels" have varying levels of reasonableness too.
I've got to go.  Have you got a clock?  I'm meant to be helping save the Universe.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »
If they actually cared about finding a partner they respected and treated women like people, instead of sex toys, i think a lot of their issues would vanish in a puff of smoke.

Yes, of course. Their problem is not that they can't find someone, but that they can't find someone who will put up with their shitty personalities.  My point, though, is it's got to take a lot of work to maintain their delusion that they are being persecuted for their looks or poverty in face of the evidence all around them of poor and unattractive people finding mates.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline lobsterbash

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 05:04:54 PM »
I used to get a lot of glee from lurking at /r/incels, but I have to say, I started to feel more sympathy than loathing for them. I can be somewhat sympathetic to the need to vent and be angry when you feel like life has handed you an unfair circumstance. I have said- among my close feminist friends- terrible and angry things about men that are completely unwarranted but that give me much-needed catharsis when I have encountered things that make me angry because they feel unjust. The problem with these guys is when they get so public about it- and I've seen different groups of "incels" have varying levels of reasonableness too.

Mature and insightful comment.

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »

Yes, of course. Their problem is not that they can't find someone, but that they can't find someone who will put up with their shitty personalities.  My point, though, is it's got to take a lot of work to maintain their delusion that they are being persecuted for their looks or poverty in face of the evidence all around them of poor and unattractive people finding mates.

I don't think it's that much work.  See something that disagrees with your view?  It's part of the conspiracy; ignore it.  The difference is that you and I spend a lot of time and effort self-reflecting because we actually care about being correct, they are just going with the flow.

personate-rain