Author Topic: Firefox Quantum?  (Read 3739 times)

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Firefox Quantum?
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2018, 11:03:50 AM »
uBlock origin absolutely does block ad networks.   If you're talking uBlock, that's a scam spin off of the original uBlock Origin.

If you're running 3 and you whitelist on one, the others may still block what you've whitelisted.
#non-belief denialist

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2018, 11:58:45 AM »
uBlock origin absolutely does block ad networks.   If you're talking uBlock, that's a scam spin off of the original uBlock Origin.

If you're running 3 and you whitelist on one, the others may still block what you've whitelisted.

In that case, ABP and uBlock Origin are redundant as their blacklists overlap. I know ABP lets you configure custom lists.

NoScript is still distinct as it regulates which JavaScript can run at all.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:00:53 PM by stands2reason »

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Well Established
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »
What plugin gets rid of this stuff,

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2018, 07:14:24 PM »
ublock origin will, but I recommend Privacy Badger from EFF for that
#non-belief denialist

Online werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2019, 10:29:52 AM »
[rant]Firefox Quantum gives me intense nerd rage that burns with the fury of a thousand flaming suns. It is what happens when a company tries so hard to be it's competitor and is so deaf to what it's customers are saying that they throw out anything that gave them a niche. Firefox has always had the upper hand for me because of their extensive customizability, but that's simply gone now. They claim they gave addon devs enough advance warning that they should have been able to rewrite their addons by now, but that's BS. Most of the APIs that were needed to even start replacing the most valuable addons are still not finished, and about 90% of my numerous addons do not work and probably never will, or are crippled until the right API has been written, which could take months if not years. The replacements they suggest are typically a joke and there is no fallback solution other than sticking with pre-quantum or moving to a different browser like Palemoon. I'm often frustrated with pre-quantum's lack of parallelization, but this was an exceptionally poorly executed "transition" (even noscript did not work at first). These addons are the only reason I haven't switched to Chrome. As far as I am concerned, Mozilla committed digital suicide when they made this decision. I'm forced to work with Quantum for work (it comes as part of the VM we use for development), and it makes me want to tear out my brain because I have none of the tools and customizations that I typically use.[/rant]

I hear it's moderately faster / more responsive than earlier versions. For some websites. Some of the time. Yay.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:54:43 PM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2019, 10:48:34 AM »
I have customized my Firefox Quantum - Running most of the same add ons
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2019, 10:15:57 PM »
I use three extensions in my web browser: FB Purity, uBlock Origin, and LastPass.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2019, 09:42:17 AM »
I haven't experienced any similar issues with quantum, in fact, I'm using it now.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2019, 02:22:28 PM »
I haven't experienced any similar issues with quantum, in fact, I'm using it now.

At least for me, Firefox is familiar. . .If Edge or Chrome has some advantages, I doubt they are enough to be worth it. 
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2019, 02:23:04 PM »

At least for me, Firefox is familiar. . .If Edge or Chrome has some advantages, I doubt they are enough to be worth it.

I'm the same way
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2019, 05:19:40 PM »
For me, the most important thing in a web browser (in most applications, actually) is conformity to my OS' UI guidelines. 
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Online werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »
For me, the most important thing in a web browser (in most applications, actually) is conformity to my OS' UI guidelines.

One of those addons that I want but can't have is the classic theme restorer. The original FF theme frustrates me to no end.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:33:12 PM by werecow »
Mooohn!

personate-rain
personate-rain