Author Topic: Frozen pipes - Solved but looking for a better solution  (Read 328 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Frozen pipes - Solved but looking for a better solution
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 06:51:01 PM »
I have a friend who has an Amazon Prime account so asking him to order the 9 ft one.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 07:05:17 PM »
My grandmother used to leave her kitchen sink dripping on the coldest nights to keep her pipes from freezing.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 07:36:22 PM »
My grandmother used to leave her kitchen sink dripping on the coldest nights to keep her pipes from freezing.
That works until it doesn't, if you know what I mean.  If you do that pick a faucet that's farthest from the incoming water supply. A small hose that fits over the faucet will stop the "drip drip drip" sound. You can also tie a dish cloth around the faucet.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41