Author Topic: Changing the text above my avatar? HELP!  (Read 275 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Changing the text above my avatar? HELP!
« on: January 13, 2018, 11:44:15 AM »
I've just noticed that below my user name and above my avatar on my posts, it says "Stopped Going Outside." I get it that this is supposed to be a cutesy way of saying I have a lot of posts. But it disturbs me because it is so very untrue, and so counter to my entire self. I love the outdoors and spend as much time outside as I can. My vacations are almost always active outdoor trips. Again, I get it that this is a joke, but it really upsets me, because some folks might imagine that I've selected this slogan. Characterizing other people is the height of insensitivity.

I would like to ask if there's any way I can turn this off, and if not, I'd like to ask the mods or admins to remove this misleading statement from my posts.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: Changing the text above my avatar? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 12:24:13 PM »
werecow found a way to add to his,

If you can't change all of it, you maybe could preface with the word "Never" to reflect your reality.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »
Better?
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:10:11 PM »
Can this be done at a user's privilege level?
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
Can this be done at a user's privilege level?

I'm not sure what you mean.  That text Daniel is complaining about is a post-count based group name for anyone with 5001 to 5999 posts.  The additional text above the post-count group name is a custom title that can be bestowed by a moderator or administrator.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 01:37:04 PM »
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

personate-rain
personate-rain