Poll

Who is more awesome, Billy Joel or Paul Simon?  

Billy Joel
Paul Simon

Author Topic: Who is more awesome, Billy Joel or Paul Simon?  (Read 597 times)

Offline jt512

• Well Established
    • jt512
Re: Who is more awesome, Billy Joel or Paul Simon?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 03:57:21 AM »
Confirmation bias: I misread the title as "Who is more annoying, Billy Joel or Paul Simon."  And I'm like, "Yes, I'm not the only person in the world who finds both these guys insufferable. Can we add Randy Newman to the poll?"  Alas, alas.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:05:30 AM by jt512 »

Offline seamas

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 12:12:20 PM »
I can't stand Billy Joel either.

Paul Simon is capable of greatness when he's not stealing other musicians' work.

Yes.

From what I understand he is a complete dick. (and Garfunkel is as well from what I have heard from people who have worked for him).
I have to say while I have a strong affection for a lot of Simon's music, the stuff that I don't like, I REALLY don't like. He can be insufferably pretentious.

Joel's lyrics bug me more than the music. He is either punching down, or complaining about someone or trying wayyyy too hard.

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 07:10:44 AM »
This song seals it for Simon imo. Whereas while I kinda like "moving out"... but generally, Joel leaves me cold... very pop. Simon's African influenced stuff is horrendous... but like John Albert said, he is capable of greatness.

Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »
Now I don't know... this song is the best... I still think Simon... but by a smaller margin.

Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

personate-rain
personate-rain