Author Topic: Flu Shot 2019  (Read 213 times)

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Well Established
Re: Flu Shot 2019
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 12:24:00 PM »
Got mine yesterday at my grocery store’s pharmacy.

The patient after me was a 6 year old kid who loudly proclaimed his dread. He watched me get it, I gave him a thumbs up and said “I didn’t feel a thing.” I don’t know if that made him feel better or not. I like to think it did.

Then I bought a toaster.

What kind of toaster?

A Cuisinart 2-Slice Compact Plastic Toaster. It’s wonderful, especially compared to what I had.

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/appliances/toasters/cpt-122bk

Cool. I bought a toaster recently, a German WMF single slice toaster. Waiting for my electrician to wire a 240v outlet for me. (I'm in USA)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:31:30 PM by DevoutCatalyst »

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 01:57:00 PM »

The patient after me was a 6 year old kid who loudly proclaimed his dread. He watched me get it, I gave him a thumbs up and said “I didn’t feel a thing.” I don’t know if that made him feel better or not. I like to think it did.

Then I bought a toaster.

What kind of toaster?

A Cuisinart 2-Slice Compact Plastic Toaster. It’s wonderful, especially compared to what I had.

Cool. I bought a toaster recently, a German WMF single slice toaster. Waiting for my electrician to wire a 240v outlet for me. (I'm in USA)

Just googled yours; assuming it’s the same one, it looks really cool.

I could barely fit a slice of bread in my old one. It cost me $7, so maybe that’s why. 🤨

Online Friendly Angel

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 02:38:46 PM »
Got mine at the doctor's office because I was there anyway.
Apparently they're all quadrivalent this year.  Not sure who made my dose:

I always tell the injector "oh, you're good at that".
I think it made me very sleepy the next day, but no sick feeling.

I got put on the Shingrix waiting list - no idea how long that'll be.  My buddy just got his second shot (and flu shot at the same time) and it did make him feel crappy for a couple days.

Amend and resubmit.

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 02:54:49 PM »
I make my own out of mercury and fluoride.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 08:12:31 PM »
I make my own out of mercury and fluoride.

Hilarious! Love it!
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 08:13:39 PM »

Then I bought a toaster.

What kind of toaster?

I didn't have to buy a toaster. My house came furnished, including a toaster. And a coffee maker I never use. And other stuff.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 05:01:49 PM »
Kids got their flu shots Monday. Just like last year, my son has had an outsized reaction to the shot, with a 4” raised, red area at the injection site that’s warm to the touch.  Both years he also complained of chills and headache and had a low-grade fever. Last night he very unusually went to bed early and slept for over 12 hours.

It is of course possible that both years he had an unrelated coincidental illness, and his symptoms are significantly milder than those of the flu and are likely to be of shorter duration; but I think it’s worth mentioning to his doctor.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Well Established
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 05:15:20 PM »
Kids got their flu shots Monday. Just like last year, my son has had an outsized reaction to the shot, with a 4” raised, red area at the injection site that’s warm to the touch.  Both years he also complained of chills and headache and had a low-grade fever. Last night he very unusually went to bed early and slept for over 12 hours.

It is of course possible that both years he had an unrelated coincidental illness, and his symptoms are significantly milder than those of the flu and are likely to be of shorter duration; but I think it’s worth mentioning to his doctor.

Worth mentioning I agree.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 05:23:16 PM »
Definitely mention.
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

personate-rain