Author Topic: Health, Fitness, Nutrition, and Medicine.jpg  (Read 3619 times)

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
Re: Health, Fitness, Nutrition, and Medicine.jpg
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2019, 05:51:40 PM »
Become a werecow! I have vivid memories of every lawn and baby I consume for days after.

This actually reminded me of something I wrote a long time ago, circa 1989, when I was protesting the nuclear weapons in North Dakota, where I lived at the time. And just this morning while going through papers I found a copy of it:

And I had personal experience of cows because I worked on a dairy farm.

The barnyard dairy cow is an indolent and dirty animal. It spends most of its time standing in its pasture, drooling from its nose, and staring stupidly off into the distance. From time to time it lifts its tail and spews its watery dung over the alfalfa. It is more curious than the proverbial cat. Whenever anything new appears in its realm, it ambles over and presses its wet, slimy face against it, covering the object with filth. It is slow to move out of anyone's way. It is tolerated because it gives milk: a mixture of high-grade protein with arterial clog, truly a mixed blessing.

I am an anti-cow bigot. They're truly disgusting animals. Note, however, that I still don't eat them because their disgustingness is no excuse for treating them cruelly.

It's like reading Luther on the jews. }|:ó(
Mooohn!

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 07:12:10 PM »
Become a werecow! I have vivid memories of every lawn and baby I consume for days after.

This actually reminded me of something I wrote a long time ago, circa 1989, when I was protesting the nuclear weapons in North Dakota, where I lived at the time. And just this morning while going through papers I found a copy of it:

And I had personal experience of cows because I worked on a dairy farm.

The barnyard dairy cow is an indolent and dirty animal. It spends most of its time standing in its pasture, drooling from its nose, and staring stupidly off into the distance. From time to time it lifts its tail and spews its watery dung over the alfalfa. It is more curious than the proverbial cat. Whenever anything new appears in its realm, it ambles over and presses its wet, slimy face against it, covering the object with filth. It is slow to move out of anyone's way. It is tolerated because it gives milk: a mixture of high-grade protein with arterial clog, truly a mixed blessing.

I am an anti-cow bigot. They're truly disgusting animals. Note, however, that I still don't eat them because their disgustingness is no excuse for treating them cruelly.

It's like reading Luther on the jews. }|:ó(

From your link:

In the treatise, [Luther] argues that Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness, afforded no legal protection, ...

I argue that cows, though disgusting, should not be killed or abused in any way, and should not be treated with cruelty. I know you meant that as a joke, but its rather an offensive one, as I oppose all cruelty to animals and I oppose killing them for food or other resources. I merely point out that a cow, up close, is a very disgusting animal. It drools constantly from its snout and it shits in the same pasture where it eats. (Which fertilizes the grass, but is still disgusting.)
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 08:35:58 PM »
Gee, I wish I could relate to how offended you are. >}|:o(
Mooohn!

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 09:54:13 PM »
I don't know how a light hearted thread became so serious.   ;) :-\
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2019, 05:48:17 AM »
Can we see about keeping this thread for its initial purpose?
I will obviously split the thread if you guys REALLY want to keep going with....whatever is happening.
But I really hate doing it :D

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 07:28:15 AM »
I will obviously split the thread if you guys REALLY want to keep going with....whatever is happening.

No not necessary.

But what does this mean?:

>}|:o(

I never got beyond : ) and : ( for that kind of stuff.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 09:22:00 AM »
That's a cow smiley with additional horns on top of horns to imply anger or evil doing. }|;op
It just looks weird when I do eyebrow frowning: }>:ó(
Although this one would work: }⟩:ó(
But I'm too lazy to learn how to type that ⟩ bracket.

Mooohn!

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 09:58:37 AM »
That's a cow smiley with additional horns on top of horns to imply anger or evil doing. }|;op

Okay. I haven't the faintest idea how that works, or how to compose or interpret those things, but I'll take your word for it. I get it that the colon represents eyes, and the open parenthesis is a frowning mouth. And a close parenthesis would be a smiling mouth. But I can't see what the letter o is supposed to represent. If the accent mark over it is supposed to be frowning eyebrows, I'd expect that to be over the colon, which is the eyes. If the letter o is the nose, I can't figure out why putting an accent for eyebrows over it makes any sense, since I think the colon is the eyes.

As I said, I'm not a fan of cows, but I oppose the maltreatment of them, and I do not eat them. Isn't eating them, which most people do and which I do not do, a lot worse than calling them names?
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 11:58:23 AM »
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2019, 02:05:34 PM »
Or this

"Pull the goalie", Malcolm Gladwell.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2019, 04:23:16 PM »

Okay. I haven't the faintest idea how that works, or how to compose or interpret those things, but I'll take your word for it. I get it that the colon represents eyes, and the open parenthesis is a frowning mouth. And a close parenthesis would be a smiling mouth. But I can't see what the letter o is supposed to represent. If the accent mark over it is supposed to be frowning eyebrows, I'd expect that to be over the colon, which is the eyes. If the letter o is the nose, I can't figure out why putting an accent for eyebrows over it makes any sense, since I think the colon is the eyes.

Well, like I said, I kind of agree about the brows. Let me "re-evolve" it in steps, maybe it'll be clearer.

Code: [Select]
:( <--- Sad or unhappy smiley
:o( <--- Sad or unhappy smiley with nose
:ó( <--- Sad or unhappy smiley with nose and single tear running down cheek in dramatic fashion
>:( <--- Angry smiley, i.e. with furrowed brow
>:) <--- Evil smiley with devil horns.
>:o( <--- Angry smiley with nose.
>:o) <--- Evil smiley with nose.
}|:o( <--- Sad or unhappy cow with cow snout, neutral brow and horns.
>}|:o) <--- Slightly evil cow with brow, cow horns, and devil horns on top.
}|:ó( <--- Sad or unhappy cow with neutral brow, horns and a tear.
}⟩:ó( <--- Angry or unhappy cow with frowning brow, horns and a tear, but tricky to type because ⟩ is a special character.

}>:ó( <--- Sad or unhappy cow with easier-to-type frowning brow, horns and a tear, but looks stupid somehow because the > is too wide, so I guess at some point I changed it to >}|:ó( instead because it's closer to the evil cow smiley one.

(EDIT: had to wrap in pre tt code or it'd substitute emoticons everywhere)

But you're right, it's kind of weird. I guess I'll have to learn the alt-code for ⟩ at some point. }|:op
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 04:57:39 PM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 04:50:17 PM »
Thanks for that explanation. But what's the letter p there at the end?
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2019, 04:56:33 PM »
Code: [Select]
:p or :P

:P

So, tongue, tongue in cheek, maybe joking, funny, sarcastic or ironic. }|:oP

(Tilt your head left)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:01:08 PM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2019, 05:46:34 PM »
Ah. So I missed the whole tongue-in cheek thing. You know, this is kind of like a code that only some people know. Kind of like playing Morse code through a loudspeaker. Not everybody will know what you're saying. Anyway, thanks for the explanations.
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2019, 10:29:38 AM »