Author Topic: Amelia Earhart's remains identified -- For real?  (Read 6076 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
Re: Amelia Earhart's remains identified -- For real?
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »
Just listened to the Science or Fiction of last week and it is obvious that none of the SGU crowd is real familiar with the issues actually involved.

They followed up this week. Steve agrees with you, that the bones are not hers and she certainly ditched in the ocean, so you’re right. They’re not that familiar with the issues actually involved.

Either that, or they prefer to go with the preponderance of evidence rather than taking the latest fad as Gospel.  ;)
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »
Either that, or they prefer to go with the preponderance of evidence rather than taking the latest fad as Gospel.  ;)

Listened to it and Steve did not go into many details.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2019, 08:08:04 PM »
Kickstarting a dead topic, this guy has a completely different theory...

Projectblueangel | ABOUT

For the past 13 years, Bill Snavely has been studying and researching a reported aircraft wreck site in the near coastal waters of Buka Island near Papua New Guinea. This site is approximately 100ft [35m] below the ocean’s surface and appears to be an aircraft debris field consistent with the Lockheed Electra 10E in which Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan disappeared on July 2, 1937.

I don't find this plausible. Evidence suggests she was near Howland when she made radio contact and indicated she was low on fuel. She would not have been able to do a U-turn and go most of the way back to her last stop.

In this case there seems to be evidence that can be analyzed conclusively.

and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2019, 09:30:33 PM »
Amelia Earhart was an inspiring person, and her tragic end was so deeply felt and so widely remembered that there will be no end to crackpot theories about her end for many years or centuries to come. The truth is most likely that her plane went down in deep waters and its precise location will remain forever a mystery.

I haven’t gone back over the whole thread to see if this was already posted.

Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Well Established
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2019, 09:27:48 AM »
She was a badass. She flew an autogyro coast to coast in the USA in 1931. This predates the first successful helicopter. Imagine the sight of such a machine in an era where you'd never seen anything like it.

personate-rain
personate-rain