Author Topic: Amelia Earhart's remains identified -- For real?  (Read 6738 times)

Online gmalivuk

• Frequent Poster
Re: Amelia Earhart's remains identified -- For real?
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2019, 03:21:26 PM »
Whenever this comes up I remind myself of the Malaysian flight 370. With all of the tracking tools we have today and all of the information we can't find a 777 that crashed into the ocean a day later with an enormous amount of resources involved. Finding Amelia Earhart's small plane while not impossible is going to be extremely difficult to say the least.
We have found pieces from MH370, though.
The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better...is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2019, 01:12:46 PM »

He has had a pretty good track record of finding lost ships although he always at least has had a final approximate location. Problem is that he needs to look closer to Howland Island.

I wish him luck. It would be awesome to find. It seems like her aircraft is quite a bit smaller than most ships especially if it came apart upon impact.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2019, 01:29:32 PM »

He has had a pretty good track record of finding lost ships although he always at least has had a final approximate location. Problem is that he needs to look closer to Howland Island.

I wish him luck. It would be awesome to find. It seems like her aircraft is quite a bit smaller than most ships especially if it came apart upon impact.
The evidence that he’s following  suggests that is crash landed mostly intact. But after decades in the ocean the thin aluminum body has probably broken up.

They’re hoping to find the engines and landingear and frame parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

personate-rain
personate-rain