Author Topic: Amelia Earhart's remains identified -- For real?  (Read 7618 times)

Offline gmalivuk

• Frequent Poster
Re: Amelia Earhart's remains identified -- For real?
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2019, 03:21:26 PM »
Whenever this comes up I remind myself of the Malaysian flight 370. With all of the tracking tools we have today and all of the information we can't find a 777 that crashed into the ocean a day later with an enormous amount of resources involved. Finding Amelia Earhart's small plane while not impossible is going to be extremely difficult to say the least.
We have found pieces from MH370, though.
The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better...is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2019, 01:12:46 PM »

He has had a pretty good track record of finding lost ships although he always at least has had a final approximate location. Problem is that he needs to look closer to Howland Island.

I wish him luck. It would be awesome to find. It seems like her aircraft is quite a bit smaller than most ships especially if it came apart upon impact.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2019, 01:29:32 PM »

He has had a pretty good track record of finding lost ships although he always at least has had a final approximate location. Problem is that he needs to look closer to Howland Island.

I wish him luck. It would be awesome to find. It seems like her aircraft is quite a bit smaller than most ships especially if it came apart upon impact.
The evidence that he’s following  suggests that is crash landed mostly intact. But after decades in the ocean the thin aluminum body has probably broken up.

They’re hoping to find the engines and landingear and frame parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline CarbShark

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2019, 11:27:06 AM »
Looks like they haven't found anything.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/2019/08/tantalizing-clue-marks-end-amelia-earhart-expedition/#/01-amelia-earhart-search-final.jpg

No surprise there. But the expedition was "a success" because they managed to pluck something (that definitely didn't come from her plane) from the ocean floor.  ;D
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2019, 02:37:40 AM »
There was I know at least one shipwreck on the island
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline seamas

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2019, 12:25:05 PM »
Pretty sure they will keep looking in the wrong place, blithely unaware that the Loch Ness monster temporarily moved the Bermuda triangle to capture her plane so that she could help teach Sasquatch to pilot a crashed flying saucer he discovered at Stonehenge.
There's no such thing as denial.

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2019, 02:40:17 PM »
Pretty sure they will keep looking in the wrong place, blithely unaware that the Loch Ness monster temporarily moved the Bermuda triangle to capture her plane so that she could help teach Sasquatch to pilot a crashed flying saucer he discovered at Stonehenge.

Do you really think that the Illuminati would allow that to happen?
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2019, 05:41:23 PM »

Nessie is not afraid of a bunch of upstart villain-priests! They wouldn't even know what hit them.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2019, 12:51:49 PM »

Nessie is not afraid of a bunch of upstart villain-priests! They wouldn't even know what hit them.

I think that even Nessie would fall to their Tesla weapon.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »

The Illuminati have no Tesla weapon. They're too stuck in the past to even drive a Tesla car, much less build something Nicola Tesla is supposed by the wackaloon crowd to have invented. Nothing can stop Nessie. Certainly not a bunch of pissant conspirators.
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2019, 06:58:32 PM »

The Illuminati have no Tesla weapon. They're too stuck in the past to even drive a Tesla car, much less build something Nicola Tesla is supposed by the wackaloon crowd to have invented. Nothing can stop Nessie. Certainly not a bunch of pissant conspirators.

That's what they want you to think.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2019, 09:24:07 PM »

That's what they want you to think.

The Illuminati want us to think they're secretly running everything because it makes them feel important. But Nessie is controlling them, which is why they have to hide behind the theory that it's all a conspiracy theory, theory.
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2019, 05:25:44 PM »
Explorer Robert Ballard scours the Pacific for clues to the fate of famed aviatrix Amelia Earhart in in the new docu-special “Expedition Amelia.”  National Geographic Channel 8 p.m. (Pacific time, check local listings).

personate-rain
personate-rain