Author Topic: Are AoE2 campaign progresses stored on Steam or on the computer?  (Read 196 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Frequent Poster
I recently purchased Age of Empites II: HD Edition via Steam. A great way to relive childhood memories in a more polished version. It includes the campaigns and civilizations of the original game and of The Conquerors expansion, but also campaigns and civilizations from later (unofficial, as I understand it) expansions, such as Incas, Ethiopians, Berbers, Italians, etc. Very nice!

What I wonder is, if I change my computer, but sign into it with the same Steam account (of course), will my campaign progresses follow me, or will it be set to zero? In other words, are the campaign progresses stored on the computer, or on the Steam account?
"Large skepticism leads to large understanding. Small skepticism leads to small understanding. No skepticism leads to no understanding." - Xi Zhi

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Are AoE2 campaign progresses stored on Steam or on the computer?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »
I've played on desktop and laptop and not "lost my place."
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:34:29 AM »
i just bought it too!  maybe we can do an sgu multiplayer.

I apparently am way worse at this game than when i was 15
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 10:01:09 AM »

I win if the AI doesn't cheat. When it parks fifteen trebuchet across the river from my schwerpunkt I just walk away.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »

I'm sure we could arrange that, if we are able to work out the timezone differences.

Back in the days, I never played AoE2 online very much. I did play a lot of Age of Mythology online though. Of the AoE2 I played online, I remember that Arabia was the default map type, and that all pros played with the Huns. I never had much luck with the Huns, but was more successful with the Goths. I was nowhere near a pro though.
"Large skepticism leads to large understanding. Small skepticism leads to small understanding. No skepticism leads to no understanding." - Xi Zhi