Author Topic: Upcoming Films  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Over Nine Thousand!
  • Cache rules everything around me.
Upcoming Films
« on: March 12, 2018, 07:58:31 PM »
Just saw this trailer and it looks great:

Edit:

P.S. You can use Wikipedia's [YEAR] in film articles as quick and easy sources for upcoming movies and release dates
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Upcoming Films
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »
Trailer for the new Fantastic Beasts is out!  Jude Law is Dumbledore!

"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Over Nine Thousand!
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »
New trailer

I'll probably see it. 
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 06:00:02 PM »
New trailer

I'll probably see it.

On other boards I frequent, many are posting that Cap's death* is going to reduce them to flowing man-tears. But for me, as someone whose Golden Age of the Avengers comic was the 70s when I was reading as a teen, The Vision's death is going to hit me. He was always my favorite Avenger. Hell, in the 70s he was the most popular symbol of the team. GIANT-SIZE AVENGERS #4 with the marriage of Vision and Wanda (Scarlet Witch) was the first comic I ever reserved at my local drugstore in back in '74. The Vision and Wanda should always have been a couple. When John Byrne f***ed up their marriage in '88  I finally dropped the comic. It's too bad Vision and Wanda haven't had more time together in the movies. Heck, I would have loved to have seen  a Vision and The Scarlet Witch solo film! Sad times for movie Wand, losing her brother and now her boyfriend.

*Not really a spoiler. It's public knowledge that there will be multiple MAJOR deaths in this film and Part Two next May. Actors are aging and contracts are up. With that knowledge and from the trailers it's a pretty safe bet that Vision, Captain America, Thor, and most certainly Iron Man are goners. The only heroes I would say are 100% safe are:

Black Panther: The new movies is making a gazillion bucks and there will definatley be a Black Panther II.

Spider-man: Sony has part ownership of Spidey with Marvel Studios and I doubt they would loan the character out only to have him killed off so quickly. Also, the second MCU Spider-man film has long been announced for July 2019.

Doctor Strange: I think it's a pretty safe bet that there will a Doctor Strange II announced shortly to take up the dangling Baron Mordo plotline in the first film's post-credits stinger.

Black Widow: With Wonder Woman's success and the current socio-political climate, super-heroine movies are hot. I think the solo BW film is finally going to get off the ground,   script is reportedly in the works.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 09:33:37 AM »
Trailer for the new Fantastic Beasts is out!  Jude Law is Dumbledore!

Does anyone else think Katherine Waterston is the spitting image of Jenna Fischer?
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
Re Infinity War-
Vision might survive. He has done in the comics and Paul Bettany is cheap and willing to work.

Black Widow- Natasha is not the only Black Widow. It could be interesting to see someone fill her shoes with the baggage that would entail. And I dont know Scar Jo's contractual situation.

I dont think Strange will die but I feel uncertain about a sequel.
Thor could stick around? Hemsworth hasnt taken off as much as the others and his franchise is rejuvenated.

Im interested to see what happens with Hawkeye.

I dont think Thanos will survive >:D

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 03:01:43 PM »

Im interested to see what happens with Hawkeye.

I dont think Thanos will survive >:D

We know Hawkeye is in July's Ant-Man and The Wasp. It's why Jeremy Renner how to bow out of Mission: Impossible 5 (also opening in Juy and filming at the same time as Ant-Man). My theory: During Thanos invasion of Wakanda/Earth, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, and Wasp are in the micro-verse rescuing Janet van Dyne the original Wasp (played ny Michelle Pfeiffer in the film). They return to Earth after the Avengers have been totally defeated by Thanos. Now in an ironic twist of fate it's up to the weakest Avengers to form the nucleus of a new team and turn the tide against the Mad Titan. Hawkeye has done so before in the comics, most notaby in the classic GIANT-SIZE AVENGERS #2. Somewhere in their travels in the micro-verse, Hawkeye and ANt-Man stumble upon Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, lost since the 1990's (as will be established in her forthcoming movie in March of 2019). She proves to be a major factor in the final defeat of Thanos in the still-title-unrevealed second half of Infinity War in May 2019.

I am so pleased and in love with that theory, I'll be very disappointed if it's not true....

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 08:23:50 PM »
https://filmschoolrejects.com/movies-to-watch-2018/

Of particular interest to me:

The Happytime Murders (August 17)

Think Who Framed Roger Rabbit meets The Muppets, and you’ll have an idea of this long in the making comedy/thriller from Brian Henson. The all-puppet cast of an 80s kids show are being murdered, and only a disgraced cop can stop the slaughter. Yes, of course he’s also a puppet, and with Melissa McCarthy, Elizabeth Banks, and more along for the ride we’re hopeful this is the best not-for-kids puppet movie since Meet the Feebles. – Rob Hunter
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:30:00 PM by wastrel »

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 10:47:56 AM »
https://filmschoolrejects.com/movies-to-watch-2018/

Of particular interest to me:

The Happytime Murders (August 17)Weird de ja view.  Why do I think this movie came out a decade ago?  I don't what I would have sworn it had if this wasn't a thread about upcomming movies. 

Think Who Framed Roger Rabbit meets The Muppets, and you’ll have an idea of this long in the making comedy/thriller from Brian Henson. The all-puppet cast of an 80s kids show are being murdered, and only a disgraced cop can stop the slaughter. Yes, of course he’s also a puppet, and with Melissa McCarthy, Elizabeth Banks, and more along for the ride we’re hopeful this is the best not-for-kids puppet movie since Meet the Feebles. – Rob Hunter

Offline Nosmas

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »
New trailer

I'll probably see it.

On other boards I frequent, many are posting that Cap's death* is going to reduce them to flowing man-tears. But for me, as someone whose Golden Age of the Avengers comic was the 70s when I was reading as a teen, The Vision's death is going to hit me. He was always my favorite Avenger. Hell, in the 70s he was the most popular symbol of the team. GIANT-SIZE AVENGERS #4 with the marriage of Vision and Wanda (Scarlet Witch) was the first comic I ever reserved at my local drugstore in back in '74. The Vision and Wanda should always have been a couple. When John Byrne f***ed up their marriage in '88  I finally dropped the comic. It's too bad Vision and Wanda haven't had more time together in the movies. Heck, I would have loved to have seen  a Vision and The Scarlet Witch solo film! Sad times for movie Wand, losing her brother and now her boyfriend.

*Not really a spoiler. It's public knowledge that there will be multiple MAJOR deaths in this film and Part Two next May. Actors are aging and contracts are up. With that knowledge and from the trailers it's a pretty safe bet that Vision, Captain America, Thor, and most certainly Iron Man are goners. The only heroes I would say are 100% safe are:

Black Panther: The new movies is making a gazillion bucks and there will definatley be a Black Panther II.

Spider-man: Sony has part ownership of Spidey with Marvel Studios and I doubt they would loan the character out only to have him killed off so quickly. Also, the second MCU Spider-man film has long been announced for July 2019.

Doctor Strange: I think it's a pretty safe bet that there will a Doctor Strange II announced shortly to take up the dangling Baron Mordo plotline in the first film's post-credits stinger.

Black Widow: With Wonder Woman's success and the current socio-political climate, super-heroine movies are hot. I think the solo BW film is finally going to get off the ground,   script is reportedly in the works.

Maybe I'm an evil conqueror by heart but I'll just be happy that Thanos kills some major characters. He's always been one of my favorite comic characters so I hope they do him justice. Watching cap resist him is a little eyebrow raising though. I enjoy the Marvel movies a lot but I don't feel a strong connection with any of the heroes except maybe Iron Man. I'm also a pretty big fan of this version of Spiderman just because the actor does the character so well.

I agree with the heroes you think are safe for the same reasons you mentioned. Although, if you're familiar with the original Infinity War story...

(click to show/hide)
Providing yesterday's solutions to today's problems, tomorrow!

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
I would be OK if they offed Tony Stark and merged Riri Williams and Shuri to create the next generation Iron Man (Ironheart).

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 04:50:38 PM »
I just hope they are brave enough to make a few dramatic steps. I'd definitely like some smaller scale, more personal stories, along with more women heroes in lead roles.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 07:20:19 PM »
I am very bored of Stark and the universe really needs to shed a few super scientists. (Appalling statement in any other context!)

Off topic a little but I really want to see them mix and match heroes to villains a little. Imagine a police force where only certain cops were allowed to arrest certain criminals? I want to see Captain America fight The Leader (who is still at large) or Banner take on The Mandarin (who is totes real).

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 11:04:46 PM »
I am very bored of Stark and the universe really needs to shed a few super scientists. (Appalling statement in any other context!)

Off topic a little but I really want to see them mix and match heroes to villains a little. Imagine a police force where only certain cops were allowed to arrest certain criminals? I want to see Captain America fight The Leader (who is still at large) or Banner take on The Mandarin (who is totes real).

That makes me think that the Infinity War should have many bad guys fighting alongside the 'heroes' against Thanos. MARVEL is already pretty good at morally ambiguous protagonists (Black Panther rocked that). I'd likely punch the sky to see Spidey team up with Vulture to beat up Thanos' minions.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 11:17:11 AM »
Infinity War trailer: All (or almost all) the Marvel heroes I grew up with in one giant live-action film!! Can't wait!!

Deadpool 2 trailer: All the shitty 90s Marvel characters that lead me to abandoning the company in one crappy live-action film!!  You couldn't PAY me to see a Deadpool movie.

personate-rain
personate-rain