Author Topic: Upcoming Films  (Read 10517 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Upcoming Films
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2019, 09:02:06 PM »
2020 campaign slogan is up for grabs

BE EXCELLENT!

“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2019, 09:30:45 PM »
"Godzilla, King of Monsters" hits the big screen in May. I refuse to wait. Where's that damned time stone?
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »

Returning cast members include: Ian McShane, Timothy Olyphant, Molly Parker, Paula Malcomson, John Hawkes (HBO’s “Eastbound & Down”) , Anna Gunn, Dayton Callie, Brad Dourif, Robin Weigert (HBO’s “Big Little Lies,” “Angels in America”), William Sanderson (HBO’s “True Blood”), Kim Dickens (HBO’s “Treme”), Gerald McRaney, Sean Bridgers, W. Earl Brown and Keone Young (HBO’s “True Blood”), among others. The film will also feature new cast member Jade Pettyjohn.

and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »

Beautiful anti-gentrification film? Yes, please!
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2019, 01:54:47 PM »

Looks well done and distinct from what else is out there.  Definitely going to see this one
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2019, 03:13:13 PM »
Yeah, that one looks exciting.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2019, 05:20:03 AM »
I am personally not that interested, but I do hope that this is the new direction from DC: instead of trying to ape the MCU and fail miserably, just release individual movies about individual characters that aren't linked to each other.

It could end up being a very good counterpoint to the Marvel juggernaut and it would definitely help to avoid disasters like how they tied all their cinematic universe movies to one shallow hack who did a lot of unnecessary damage.

It can also end up being way more interesting and creative than the MCU.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2019, 06:21:04 AM »
But the money people will ask "Is this a proven winning formula?"
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:40 PM »

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2019, 09:25:15 PM »

Haha

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2019, 02:17:11 PM »
Awww hell yeah

https://www.instagram.com/lastnightinsohomovie/

Filming Begins on Edgar Wright’s New Movie as First Logo Is Revealed

Wright took to Twitter and Instagram to share snaps of the first day of filming on his new film Last Night in Soho, which is described as a psychological thriller, and the film’s first logo/promo poster has also been unveiled.

Wright co-wrote the original script alongside Krysty Wilson-Cairns, who wrote on the final season of Penny Dreadful and also penned Sam Mendes’ upcoming WWI film 1917. Plot details for Last Night in Soho are firmly under wraps, but Wright previously cited Don’t Look Now and Repulsion as influences and expressed his desire to make a movie about central London:

“I realized I had never made a film about central London—specifically Soho, somewhere I’ve spent a huge amount of time in the last 25 years. With Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead you make movies about places you’ve lived in. This movie is about the London I’ve existed in.”

Split and The Witch star Anya Taylor-Joy leads the cast, with Matt Smith and newcomer Thomasin McKenzie serving as the only other confirmed cast members at the moment. McKenzie’s involvement is particularly exciting, as she’s positively stunning in Debra Granik’s 2018 drama Leave No Trace.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2019, 02:27:04 PM »
Bwaaaaa

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2019, 05:13:35 PM »
Tickets gotten for first showing Friday.

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2019, 04:42:36 PM »
Looks like a good whodunnit:

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2019, 05:44:54 PM »
He was so much fun in Blade III.