Author Topic: Opening Arguments #TTTBE  (Read 16223 times)

Online CarbShark

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: Opening Arguments #TTTBE
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »
Question #100

Pretty sure it's C. The investor did not get the partner's written consent, so the entire sum becomes payable immediately. The investor can then attempt to seek payment from the neighbor as well. An easier way to think of it would be if I sold you goods on credit, you sold those goods on credit to a second party, but now you are past due on your payment to me. I don't seek payment from the person you sold them to, my suit is with the person who bought from me.

Then the partner would sue the investor, I would think. Not the neighbor. I think it also makes a difference that the partner accepted payment from the neighbor. (at least that would make a difference in subletting real estate, or avoiding eviction by making a partial payment)

I think D, because by assuming the land the neighbor assumed any liens and obligations to the land, including the mortgage.

and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just a guy who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2018, 12:40:52 PM »
I think C, just because it seems like the partner would be on the hook for the dough, but I really have no idea.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2018, 01:38:26 PM »
Question #100

Pretty sure it's C. The investor did not get the partner's written consent, so the entire sum becomes payable immediately. The investor can then attempt to seek payment from the neighbor as well. An easier way to think of it would be if I sold you goods on credit, you sold those goods on credit to a second party, but now you are past due on your payment to me. I don't seek payment from the person you sold them to, my suit is with the person who bought from me.

Then the partner would sue the investor, I would think. Not the neighbor. I think it also makes a difference that the partner accepted payment from the neighbor. (at least that would make a difference in subletting real estate, or avoiding eviction by making a partial payment)

I think D, because by assuming the land the neighbor assumed any liens and obligations to the land, including the mortgage.

You're right, I confused the investor and the partner. I usually diagram these things out with a A-B-C substitution to avoid confusion. Looks like it's D. 
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2018, 01:54:59 PM »
I am going to switch my guess as well.  After rereading it, and reviewing the answers above, I was off base. I was confused between the neighbor & the partner.  The wording is that the mortgagee(partner) has the option of demanding payment in full.  He did not, he accepted payments, so It must be D.  The neighbor & the investor are both on the hook for the dough.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
I am going to go with B. Because the neighbor made several payments to the partner so this would be written aproval of the sale. So the partner should sue the neighbor because they are no longer in privy of contract.

I had to look up privy to figure this one out. I would not be surprised if it turns out to be D though.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2018, 12:34:31 PM »
And the answer is
(click to show/hide)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2018, 12:56:22 PM »
That was ridiculously hard.  I still don't have all the players straight in my head.  :D
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline John Albert

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2018, 11:41:26 PM »
So Thomas lost the 60% on the first 100 questions.

Now Andrew's giving him a second chance by continuing on to the next 100.

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2018, 10:51:48 AM »
Ya I missed most of the first 100. Will be nice to see how I do on a full 100 questions.  Everyone still ok with me posting the questions?
Douglas Adams

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2018, 11:32:12 AM »
Ya I missed most of the first 100. Will be nice to see how I do on a full 100 questions.  Everyone still ok with me posting the questions?
most definitely
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline Vay

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2018, 11:51:12 PM »
I normally listen at 1.5 speed, but I had to slow it down to .5 for this fricking question.   ???
Journalist: "Do you accept the basic premise that smoking kills?"
Cigarette industry executive: "No. I think scientists that make statements like this are making political statements, not scientific statements."

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2018, 09:28:11 AM »
It came down to B or D for me me.  I guess B.  The question is does a legally expired contract count as consideration.  I don't know.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »
I didn't really listen to the question because I figured I would read it when they posted the question. I guess they quit posting the questions. I might have to download the podcast again so I can give an answer.
Douglas Adams

personate-rain