Author Topic: Opening Arguments #TTTBE  (Read 35442 times)

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Opening Arguments #TTTBE
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2019, 03:42:43 PM »
(click to show/hide)
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2019, 08:23:20 PM »
And the answer to#115

(click to show/hide)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »
I'm going to go with D. I think its sad that they would sue for that reason but I'm going with the letter of the law. I think getting a jury to convict might be tough.
Douglas Adams

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2019, 10:42:59 PM »
I think D as well.  I  am not sure thought, and I would have thought it depended on the state law. IIRC, negligence does not determine if you pay damages.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #320 on: March 03, 2019, 11:06:38 AM »
D also, it seems pretty straightforward to me.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2019, 07:24:06 PM »
The dead man isn’t capable of committing a traffic offense; he’s dead.  Since the plaintiff based his case for liability on the commission of the traffic offense and did not rebut evidence that the decedent was dead (as well as unaware of any danger and obeying traffic laws while alive), there is no basis for a claim of liability.

A
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2019, 07:54:15 PM »
I'll say C, because the laws pretty much depend on precedence, and because no one else picked C and it would be cool to be the only one with the right answer.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2019, 08:22:09 PM »
Answer to #116
(click to show/hide)
Douglas Adams

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2019, 10:22:03 AM »
Wow, that is surprising.  I always thought that the vehicle at fault carried insurance for this type of thing.  I realize that the guy was dead and all, but the other car was wrecked, and presumably there were injuries.  That really seems very unfair to me.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #325 on: March 07, 2019, 10:46:09 AM »
Wow, that is surprising.  I always thought that the vehicle at fault carried insurance for this type of thing.  I realize that the guy was dead and all, but the other car was wrecked, and presumably there were injuries.  That really seems very unfair to me.

I thought so too, but if you listen to the ep, Andrew states that this is a question of negligence.  In the absence of negligence, the survivor's insurance will probably pay for any issues in a no-fault decision.  Not sure if the deceased's estate can recover from their insurance company.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #326 on: March 07, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »
I missed it too. Like andrew said it was a question dealing with a definition of the law. I can see where this can trip test takers up. Tying to remember a lecture you took 2years ago that talked about this one question. I'm doing poorly in this.
Douglas Adams

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2019, 06:40:15 PM »
New week new question. I have no idea on this one. I'm going to think about it

Douglas Adams

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #328 on: March 08, 2019, 07:03:30 PM »

A vehicle cannot be at fault; only a person can. As the decedent was dead, he was incapable of liability.  There is therefore no fault in the accident, and the plaintiff’s insurance will have to pay for any damages to him or his vehicle. The decedent’s insurance will pay for damage to his.  That’s why we have insurance, after all.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2019, 07:07:44 PM »
As for the newest one, the standard in free speech cases is compelling state interest and preserving morale doesn’t cut it.  A.

personate-rain