Author Topic: What would it take for you to stop listening to and/or supporting the SGU?  (Read 16365 times)

Online bimble

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: What would it take for you to stop listening to and/or supporting the SGU?
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »
I wouldn't like it if the members of the SGU did the show in blackface

But how would you know*...??

* - live shows not withstanding

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2019, 02:21:09 PM »
I wouldn't like it if the members of the SGU did the show in blackface

But how would you know*...??

* - live shows not withstanding

Am I the only one that watches shows via astral projection?
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Offline gmalivuk

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #302 on: February 11, 2019, 08:30:59 AM »
I also value The Latinist's contributions and would like if he stayed.

Personally, I think that in a forum like this, where only a small subsection is actually devoted to discussing the episodes and the rest is here because of the community that those episodes initially brought together, it's not really important that participants continue to keep up with the "source material". As long as someone's willing to discuss skeptical and scientific topics in good faith I don't really care whether they've *ever* listened to the podcast.

(Of course I may be biased as I haven't really listened to this or any podcasts in a long while, and I'm also a moderator of the xkcd forums but I only remember once every week or two that there's also a comic that gets updated every couple days.)
The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better...is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.

personate-rain
personate-rain