Author Topic: Neo-Roseanne  (Read 17067 times)

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Neo-Roseanne
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 02:13:26 PM »
Looks like Roseanne just lost her job

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/roseanne-barr-apologizes-tweet-comparing-obama-adviser-ape-n878171

Calling people "A "child" of the "Muslim Brotherhood" and "Planet of the Apes"" in a tweet tends to not go over well.
I was wrong in that I thought he was calling Obama himself that.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »
Looks like Roseanne just lost her job

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/roseanne-barr-apologizes-tweet-comparing-obama-adviser-ape-n878171

Calling people "A "child" of the "Muslim Brotherhood" and "Planet of the Apes"" in a tweet tends to not go over well.
I was wrong in that I thought he was calling Obama himself that.

Dum Dum Dum

Another racist bites the dust

Du-dumm Dum Dum Dum

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »

Well, I guess that's it. Couldn't separate the art from the artist in the end... Barr couldn't stop spewing horrific conspiracy bullshit, and then she inevitably stepped on race and that's when it blew up in her face...
Too bad, I did enjoy the show, I thought it was good and important for conservatives to have one that spoke to them, and for liberals to have one that they could actually tolerate, nay laugh with.
Back to our own separate sides of the media glut, I suppose...  ::)

RIP Neo-Roseanne.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline Friendly Angel

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 02:45:27 PM »
 :violin:  You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in 
Amend and resubmit.

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 02:53:55 PM »
I feel bad for some of the writers and such - I heard some interviews, and I think they were making a genuine effort to reach out and meet on common ground.  Didn't work out though. :(
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline fonebone

• don't want a pickle
  • Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 03:25:58 PM »
So will she continue to be apologetic at this point, or will she go off the rails and go full derp?

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 07:14:29 PM »
I'm betting full derp, but who knows what will happen when the base gets riled up. Has Trump made threatening tweets about Disney being unamerican yet?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44294632
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 02:49:20 AM »
So will she continue to be apologetic at this point, or will she go off the rails and go full derp?

She's already gone off the deep end tweeting about Pizzagate and Q and George Soros. This latest tweet was just the one that was finally too much.

I feel bad for some of the writers and such - I heard some interviews, and I think they were making a genuine effort to reach out and meet on common ground.  Didn't work out though. :(

There has to be common ground to reach. Barr has been a racist ball of hate ever since 2008, so trying to use her to reach common ground just sends the message that it's okay to be an openly racist shitbag as long as you're not *too* openly racist. Now of course supporters of Barr are saying that it's racist to fire Roseanne because Maher said Trump looked like an orangutan.

Nothing is accomplished.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 12:39:07 PM »
WTF is up with the right's fascination with George Soros? It's kind of their Monsanto bogey man.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »
WTF is up with the right's fascination with George Soros? It's kind of their Monsanto bogey man.
Personally, I think its tall poppy syndrome more than anything.

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »

Not gonna lie - I kinda don't even really know who he is, other than as a flag flown by some in the media.  Some rich dude, yet somehow lefty-lib-commie?

I guess he represents an idea.
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2018, 02:33:32 PM »

When liberal media began to talk about the Koch's funding the Tea Party, it became expedient for the right-wing fringe to find liberal billionaires who were politically active. That's morphed into a secret shadow government of sorts as it's drifted more to center. It's easier to dismiss ideas if you can allow yourself to be convinced that it's all part of a secret shadow tyrant.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2018, 02:35:40 PM »

Not gonna lie - I kinda don't even really know who he is, other than as a flag flown by some in the media.  Some rich dude, yet somehow lefty-lib-commie?

Sames, I know people I don't like seem to hate him but am not really sure why? Can't really be bothered to look it up since I don't like them, don't really care about what they hate. I do think it's funny and tell though. If someone says they hate Soros I'm like, ok this person is one of them...

ETA SQ posted an explanation as I was typing.

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 03:08:28 PM »

He is a billionaire and a lifelong champion of human rights who put a great deal of money into political activism, NGOs and education to promote his progressive agenda. Freedom of the press, women's rights, minority rights, integration, refugee rights, and many other things the ever more fascistic right despises.

He also happens to be Jewish.

Online Calinthalus

• Stopped Going Outside
    • My Page
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 03:27:21 PM »

He is a billionaire and a lifelong champion of human rights who put a great deal of money into political activism, NGOs and education to promote his progressive agenda. Freedom of the press, women's rights, minority rights, integration, refugee rights, and many other things the ever more fascistic right despises.

He also happens to be Jewish.
But not really Jewish.  He was a member of the Hitler Youth and personally marched thousands of local Jews to the ovens as a race traitor.

Or something like that.  At least according to my Alex Jones following family members anyway.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

personate-rain