Author Topic: Neo-Roseanne  (Read 17829 times)

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Neo-Roseanne
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 04:09:36 PM »
I love how the holocaust is always real for these shitbags when theres a leftie to vilify.

Offline Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »
I love how the holocaust is always real for these shitbags when theres a leftie to vilify.
Apparently, they are still mad at Soros for taking the job of executing Jews from good Christian White men "Jews Will Not Replace Us" indeed.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2018, 04:17:11 PM »
I find this discussion of Soros amusing. 

It seems, conservatives are anti-semites unless a lefty can be vilified for being a Nazi.  The last half a dozen posts have been a series of hastily generalized strawmen. 

Offline Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »

It seems, conservatives are anti-semites unless a lefty can be vilified for being a Nazi.  The last half a dozen posts have been a series of hastily generalized strawmen.
Do you want me to copy-paste from my conservative family member's tirades about Soros for evidence?  Would it make you feel better?  Hell, my cousin copypasta'd some article claiming that Soros was an officer in the SS during WW2, let me see if I can dig it up.  Is that a generalization or strawmanning?
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline bimble

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2018, 04:48:12 PM »
Yeah, I've seen that accusation before as well... which considering he was only 9 at the start of WW2 and would have been barely 15 at the end (assuming his birth date on wikipedia is correct)...

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 04:57:52 PM »

Do you want me to copy-paste from my conservative family member's tirades about Soros for evidence?  Would it make you feel better?  Hell, my cousin copypasta'd some article claiming that Soros was an officer in the SS during WW2, let me see if I can dig it up.  Is that a generalization or strawmanning?
Yes.   Your cousin is a nice anecdote though.  What I was responding is a chain of post to the effect that, Conservatives hate Soros becasue he's a rich Jew and also a NAZI, isn't it nice that the only time they don't deny the holocaust, its because they have a liberal they can blame.  Its like being at a conspiracy theory convention.  A bunch of people with mutually exclusive theories that they all seem to agree on. 

You don't really need anything more than he's rich and liberal and spends on lefty causes.  The conservative hate follows from that.  But, we've all ways got to throw in the, "and they're racists".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:02:23 PM by Ah.hell »

Offline Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »

I know you consider yourself a conservative but I would not have applied that label to you before you claimed it.

There is a difference though between conservatives and the subset of conservatives who talk about Soros conspiracies.
It seems fairly clear to me that we are discussing that subset and havent even mentioned conservatives as a whole.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »
I don't really consider myself conservative, just more conservative than most folks here.  My annoyance here is that it really seems like a bunch of mutually exclusive claims about a group of folks but since the claims are all, "those folks are evil" nobody gets called on it.  Again, Rai says they hate him in part because he's a Jew but some of the hate is an irrational NAZI accusation. 

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 05:11:54 PM »
I don't really consider myself conservative, just more conservative than most folks here.  My annoyance here is that it really seems like a bunch of mutually exclusive claims about a group of folks but since the claims are all, "those folks are evil" nobody gets called on it.  Again, Rai says they hate him in part because he's a Jew but some of the hate is an irrational NAZI accusation.

His Jewishness is at the core of the hatred of Soros, otherwise he wouldn't be framed as the standard antisemitic trope of the "evil rich mastermind out to run a shadow government to destroy our white, christian nations". The Nazi accusations are from the left field, but without the existing hatred of the "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" sort, no-one would have gotten invested enough in this ridiculous smear.

I could also imagine that the Nazi libel is part of a drive to avert attention from the folks rightfully branded as nazis by finding a "true Nazi" on the other side.

Offline Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »
Becauae this is a thread about Rosanne Barr, I think a bit of glibness is ok.
To be clear- Some antisemites hate Soros because of their powerful Jew conspiracy shit.

Some may just want to vilify him by claiming he was a nazi.

It has been shown that conspiracy theorists CAN hold mutually exclusive beliefs, so I dont think its a stretch to think some Soros conspiracists are no different.

Its also worth noting that many of the people pushing the Soros shit are actually high level trolls who sow dissent for the right wing and so may well say one day that Soros is an evil jew and another day that he was a nazi and another day engage in holocaust denial.

Because they are not genuine and dont care about truth or consistency. We have one of our very own on this board.

Offline amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 05:25:47 PM »
From what I understand, there are alt-right Nazi-types who eschew any affiliation with actual 1930s German Nazis, while maintaining a largely similar set of beliefs.  Nazis were bad guys, and they certainly aren't bad guys, so they can't be Nazis.  The other guys are bad guys, so they are Nazis.
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 06:39:02 PM »
Wasn't Roseanne a 9-11 Truther as well and against Bush's wars?
If so, she seems to flop around. I have heard a lot of people though flip between crazies.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2018, 10:58:03 PM »

Yes.   Your cousin is a nice anecdote though.  What I was responding is a chain of post to the effect that, Conservatives hate Soros becasue he's a rich Jew and also a NAZI, isn't it nice that the only time they don't deny the holocaust, its because they have a liberal they can blame.  Its like being at a conspiracy theory convention.  A bunch of people with mutually exclusive theories that they all seem to agree on. 

You don't really need anything more than he's rich and liberal and spends on lefty causes.  The conservative hate follows from that.  But, we've all ways got to throw in the, "and they're racists".

So you're upset that people are explaining that there are contradictory reasons given for Soros being a boogeyman?

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-did-george-soros-become-the-favorite-boogeyman-of-the-right-2017-5

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/why-does-the-right-hate-soros-044343

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/5/29/17404972/roseanne-clinton-conspiracy-trump

Or you can just look at all of the crazy bullshit Hannity has said about Soros. All of it contradictory. This sounds like a conspiracy convention because the subject of discussion is laden with conspiracies.

Spend 2 seconds we arching the alt-right and you'll come across the infamous "The Holocaust was fake, but Hitler didn't go far enough!" stuff.
HIISSSSSSSS

Online CarbShark

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
WTF is up with the right's fascination with George Soros? It's kind of their Monsanto bogey man.

When liberal media began to talk about the Koch's funding the Tea Party, it became expedient for the right-wing fringe to find liberal billionaires who were politically active. That's morphed into a secret shadow government of sorts as it's drifted more to center. It's easier to dismiss ideas if you can allow yourself to be convinced that it's all part of a secret shadow tyrant.

This is exactly right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Online CarbShark

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2018, 11:05:55 PM »

ETA SQ posted an explanation as I was typing.

Same with me. SQ nailed it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

personate-rain