Author Topic: Chris Hardwick (Nerdist) is also trash  (Read 15441 times)

Offline 6EQUJ5

• The Swoligator
  • Keeps Priorities Straight
Chris Hardwick (Nerdist) is also trash
« on: June 15, 2018, 03:23:34 PM »
I had an irrational deep dislike of him for as long as I have been aware of who he is. That now feels extremely justified. As I've said this, a lot of other people I know have agreed that something always felt off about him. Of course we also acknowledge that this only benefits from the confirmation of his misdeeds, and would have meant nothing in the absence of a report like this.

This is a tough article to read with sexual abuse and discussion of disordered reading.
https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-colored-glasses-6be0594970ca
I've got to go.  Have you got a clock?  I'm meant to be helping save the Universe.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Cache rules everything around me.
Re: Chris Hardwick (Nerdist) is also trash
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 03:39:16 PM »
Yeeeesh
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline random poet

• That's bullshit!
  • Well Established
  • On n'a jamais le temps, le temps nous a.
    • I have a LJ
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »
I have also just heard of this. I never had an opinion about him, one way or another, but I definitely have one now! And it's not good! I will stick with Geek and Sundry for my Internet nerding needs; thanks but no thanks.
Aujourd'hui j'ai vu un facteur joyeux.

Offline 2397

• Well Established
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 03:48:44 PM »
And believing the post, quite a number of other people.

Because of my leaving him for someone else, he made calls to several companies I received regular work from to get me fired by threatening to never work with them. He succeeded. I was blacklisted. With the assistance of a woman who’d gained my trust and my heart over the past year, he steamrolled my career.

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »
I see zero reason to doubt her word, Hardwick's career trajectory dovetails perfectly with their relationship, and none of this really surprises me.  I liked him quite a lot for a while, but the obviously fake veneer got a bit tiresome.

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »
I don't care to pile on, but I got tired of and stopped watching his Comedy Central show after being a huge fan for a while (before it was cancelled), and I got tired of and stopped listening to the podcast after listening religiously for a long time.  Went and hit Unsubscribe today, noticed 15 unlistened-to in my queue...
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline Tassie Dave

• Well Established

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 06:26:16 PM »
Is it bad that I have no freaking clue who this is?

#non-belief denialist

Offline Tassie Dave

• Well Established
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 06:58:53 PM »

I only know him from his "Talking Dead" TV show. ("The Walking Dead" after show)

Online brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 07:10:18 PM »

I only know him from his "Talking Dead" TV show. ("The Walking Dead" after show)

Has she pressed charges yet? I listened to Nerdist for years, and still have occasional ID10T in my queue.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline 6EQUJ5

• The Swoligator
  • Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 07:20:47 PM »

Has she pressed charges yet? I listened to Nerdist for years, and still have occasional ID10T in my queue.

That's not really an appropriate question. There are lots of valid reasons why victims in these cases don't press charges.
I've got to go.  Have you got a clock?  I'm meant to be helping save the Universe.

Online brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »

That's not really an appropriate question. There are lots of valid reasons why victims in these cases don't press charges.

I don't understand. How is it inappropriate to ask if she's pressed charges yet? I mean, is it the word 'yet' or something?
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 07:49:33 PM »

I don't understand. How is it inappropriate to ask if she's pressed charges yet? I mean, is it the word 'yet' or something?

I think the inference is that your unstated premise is that pressing charges or not pressing charges impacts or reflects the truthfulness of her accusations.  I agree that it is beside that point, but not beside the point of whether Hardwick may face potential legal troubles, which I hope he will. Her claiming to have evidence in case he goes on a smear campaign is at least a small step in thay general direction should she choose to go there.

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »

His biggest break was probably hosting @Midnight for several years, but his slew of "Talking..." shows on AMC have kept him steadily employed.

Offline HighPockets

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 08:58:09 PM »
I had an irrational deep dislike of him for as long as I have been aware of who he is. That now feels extremely justified. As I've said this, a lot of other people I know have agreed that something always felt off about him. Of course we also acknowledge that this only benefits from the confirmation of his misdeeds, and would have meant nothing in the absence of a report like this.

This is a tough article to read with sexual abuse and discussion of disordered reading.
https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-colored-glasses-6be0594970ca

I agree with you that it always seemed just a little off when he talked about skydart on the nerdist podcast. and eventually I stopped listing, (close to his wedding I think.. which 'oh boy...') he always seemed like a man on a mission, I'm sorry that he's a jerk, because I thought that he had pulled it together, but when it's just for show, it's a real letdown.
Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.

personate-rain