Author Topic: Do you have a Mac?  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Do you have a Mac?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »
I have several Macs but do not like using them as much as Windows

I'm typing from a refurbished macbook pro now (Retina 15" mid 2015, 2.5GHz I7 16gb ram) Im forcing myself to use it on a day to day basis so I will have a little more experience with MacOS
I almost bought a new one but there is so much I don't like about them (I have used the new ones in 2 films now)

I have two cheese grater pro towers 2012, (one is fully loaded duel xeon 3.06GHz 64gb ram, the other one is shitty and I cant remember the specs)

4 mac minis (assorted years and specs)

I just switched from android to an Iphone 8+ last week, half the time I am loving new features, the other half I want to throw it across the room. My current supervisor wanted me to do it, messenger is fantastic and blows the android one out of the water, (this is why he wanted me to switch).

Airdrop sure is handy on all of the above (windows just came out with similar)

I have a dummy macintosh SE30 where I smashed out the nonworking CRT screen and replaced it with an LCD I could work with, does that count?

I have a Lisa shell I plan on doing the same thing with at some point in the future.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:51:29 PM by Captain Video »
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline Alex Simmons

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: Do you have a Mac?
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 07:21:46 PM »
I used to use one of those original 1984 Macs at work. We had a 20Mb SCSI drive attached to it and used an email service to link with our colleagues in US, UK, Germany and Japan. 300 baud modem (eventually rocketed to a 1200 baud) so you could watch the text appear on screen letter by letter as the email arrived. 3.5" floppies all over the place.

It was more reliable than the Macbook Pro I have.

personate-rain
personate-rain