Author Topic: Snack foods with low calories  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Snack foods with low calories
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »
I LOVE snacking or sipping.
Some ways I have found to trick myself into having fewer calories-
Buy some apples that arent my favourite. Slice one up and leave it on a plate with some honey for dipping.

Grapes

Keep hot/flavoured drinks to hand.

Leave out a bowl of nuts (they are high calorie, but if to focus on eating one at a time its easier. Especially if they need to be peeled.

Play games that punish your wandering hands, like shooters or telltale games.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 04:53:52 PM »
I make two cups of bouillon as a snack.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline bachfiend

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2018, 11:40:51 PM »
I LOVE snacking or sipping.
Some ways I have found to trick myself into having fewer calories-
Buy some apples that arent my favourite. Slice one up and leave it on a plate with some honey for dipping.

Grapes

Keep hot/flavoured drinks to hand.

Leave out a bowl of nuts (they are high calorie, but if to focus on eating one at a time its easier. Especially if they need to be peeled.

Play games that punish your wandering hands, like shooters or telltale games.

Unshelled macadamia nuts are literally net calorie negative.  Their shells are so hard, you’ll spend a lot of time and energy opening the nuts.  The quickest method is to use a sledgehammer on a hard surface.  And then you’ve either crushed the kernel to an unrecognisable pulp or the intact nut has shot off in an unpredictable direction and you have to go looking for it.

Offline John Albert

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 04:30:16 PM »
Tortilla chips and salsa. (Low sodium)

Wait, wut?  I never would have thought that was low calorie.  That is perfect!  Next time I'm at the store I'll check into it.

Chips and salsa are not a low calorie food.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »

Wait, wut?  I never would have thought that was low calorie.  That is perfect!  Next time I'm at the store I'll check into it.

I make my own.

Right now I'm have a bowl of radishes.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline John Albert

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2018, 04:47:28 PM »

I make my own.

Right now I'm have a bowl of radishes.

Tortilla chips aren't low-calorie, and neither is most tomato- or tomatillo-based salsa.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 04:49:51 PM »
I use a proprietary recipe, so I can't post it here. But my cardiologist approved it, so I'm good.

Offline Keo_Mitchell

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • Revel In The Absurd
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2018, 10:53:54 AM »
Whenever I tried doing caloric based dieting I always approached the situation like an investment decision. IE I have this amount of calories per day I never skip breakfast so that is first decision to make. But I base that on what the rest of the day is looking like, am I going out with friends for lunch/dinner, am I lounging about on a day off, etc. With this in mind if I want a snack I either have to stop and think if it is boredom snacking or am I genuinely peckish. If it is the later, I eat whatever it is that is available but portioned in consideration to the rest of the day. I found if I fight a craving it leads to a relapse at a later date (this is for me personally). You just gotta ask yourself is that PB and celery worth investing in right now, in comparison to the rest of the day, or can you wait till one of your main meals? Yes it means you may have to eat less potato chips but I found that I learned how to ration my snacking by eating slower; maddening at first but you get used to it.

My point is, eat what you want just with some consideration before investing.

Though a less preachy answer, I preferred those plain popcorn cakes with a sprits of shoyu to add some flavor that wasn't just one note salt.
The key to happiness is to embrace the absurd.

Users Fanboy List: gmalivuk XXXXX, CarbShark XX, PANTS! XXXX <3