Love 'em
4 (16.7%)
Hate 'em
3 (12.5%)
Meh
17 (70.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: July 31, 2018, 08:08:13 PM

Author Topic: Elon Musk, love him or hate him  (Read 9535 times)

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: Elon Musk, love him or hate him
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:38 AM »
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

This isn't the place to discuss your broader ideas related to value (nor was the recent thread in which we discussed it in the context of DRM), but I would be interested in discussing them further if you'd be willing to start a thread on them. If you do so, please clarify whether your ideas are descriptive or normative; in other words, are you trying to describing pricing models that feel fair to consumers, or pricing models that are fair from an ethical standpoint.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2019, 12:57:09 PM »

SpaceX will assist NASA's first-ever mission to redirect an asteroid

Its mission: To smash a satellite into the Didymos asteroid's small moon in a bid to knock it off its orbit. What sounds like the plot of a Michael Bay movie could turn out to be NASA's first line of defense against Earth-bound asteroids.

This is batting practice. But the stakes are still high: Failure could derail NASA's so-called "kinectic impactor technique," success will provide the crucial data that will inform its deployment against an actual asteroid on a collision course with Earth.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2019, 01:12:56 PM »
Wow, Elon is all over the place in the news

Elon Musk company to build underground transit loop for Las Vegas Convention Center - Los Angeles Times

Billionaire Elon Musk finally has a chance at completing a commercial tunneling project after his Boring Co. secured a $48.7-million contract to build a transit system for Las Vegas’ expanding convention center.

Report: Tesla’s new Autopilot feature is dumber than human drivers - Los Angeles Times

SpaceX challenges Air Force awards on security satellite launches - Los Angeles Times

Elon Musk-led SpaceX is formally challenging the U.S. Air Force’s decision last year to award a round of rocket development contracts to competitors, arguing that the Hawthorne company’s entire proposal was incorrectly deemed the one with “highest risk.”

Could Tesla merge with SpaceX? A Morgan Stanley analyst raises the possibility - Los Angeles Times

Morgan Stanley stock analyst Adam Jonas told clients Wednesday that if Tesla’s troubles continue, it’s unlikely to be acquired by a tech company, an auto company, or someone from China. But it could end up merging with SpaceX, another Elon Musk company.

Tesla’s ‘extreme’ success in Norway becomes a double-edged sword - Los Angeles Times

The number of Teslas in Norway surged by more than 25% to almost 40,000 so far this year. The boom is proving troublesome, and Tesla is struggling to cope with its meteoric rise in Norway with the most consumer disputes per unit of any carmaker. The total number of complaints is likely to rise this year because of issues with Model 3s, including dents and sloppy paint jobs, according to Norway’s consumer watchdog.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

personate-rain