Author Topic: Trending suspect for Atlantis, The Richat structure in Mauritania  (Read 1571 times)

Online mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
Re: Trending suspect for Atlantis, The Richat structure in Mauritania
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »
I caught James Cameron's Search for Atlantis "documentary" on a plane. Ugh. What a piece o crap.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/james-cameron-on-new-atlantis-doc-and-how-lost-city-relates-to-threats-of-today-1.3317479
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »
This makes me wonder if in 10,000 years people will be looking for Lilliput.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »

Or the Shire.
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 07:40:26 PM »

Or the Shire.
I'm still waiting for Godot.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline gebobs

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Me like hockey!
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 01:48:31 PM »

Just off the coast of Bimini Island, in some 15 or 20 feet of water, are some huge concrete blocks. The place is sometimes called Bimini Road because of a very superficial resemblance to a short stretch of highway. It's a very nice place for snorkeling because it's shallow enough that you don't need to be able to dive down to enjoy it. The bat-shit-crazy wackaloon woo-woo crowd on Bimini will tell you that Bimini Road is the lost Continent of Atlantis, risen again. In the Caribbean, for fuck's sake! There is absolutely nothing there to suggest that it's anything but some huge concrete blocks.

I think the consensus is that it's naturally occurring beachrock, not concrete. Given the rest of your post, I think this is just a point of semantics.

Offline God Bomb

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »
Steve said he would discuss this on the next episode.  Hopefully he's going to confirm it is in fact Atlantis.
Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn.

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2018, 04:24:48 PM »
Yeah Atlantis was just fiction/allegory/myth. Lemuria was the real deal!!

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 10:37:36 AM »

Just off the coast of Bimini Island, in some 15 or 20 feet of water, are some huge concrete blocks. The place is sometimes called Bimini Road because of a very superficial resemblance to a short stretch of highway. It's a very nice place for snorkeling because it's shallow enough that you don't need to be able to dive down to enjoy it. The bat-shit-crazy wackaloon woo-woo crowd on Bimini will tell you that Bimini Road is the lost Continent of Atlantis, risen again. In the Caribbean, for fuck's sake! There is absolutely nothing there to suggest that it's anything but some huge concrete blocks.

I think the consensus is that it's naturally occurring beachrock, not concrete. Given the rest of your post, I think this is just a point of semantics.

I seem to remember some rebar protruding, as well as the blocks (or rocks) being extremely flat. However, it's been nearly a decade since I was there, and my memory of the details is vague, so less reliable even than normal memories. What I remember more clearly about it is just that it was a very nice snorkel spot due to being fairly shallow and having lots of fishes. What is abundantly clear to anyone who visits it and has more than two functioning brain cells is that it's not a "lost" civilization "risen again" after disappearing from the other side of the world. You could well be right that it's naturally occurring rocks that just happen to resemble concrete. (One of the lines recited by the woo-woo crowd is that "Nobody can explain how they got there.")
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 01:47:00 PM »
It is neat looking. I have never heard of it. We should fill it with garbage.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.