Author Topic: What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)  (Read 5929 times)

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
Re: What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »
Perfection!

evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2019, 04:36:46 PM »
Perfection!

Sous vide pizza or pizza soup?

Sous vide would not be a horrible way to reheat a slice. Now I want to try it and see what happens.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2019, 06:13:45 PM »
I've been trying to find out whether white pizza (pizza bianca) is traditional or not. It's not easy. Every search I do just produces recipes.
Another version of Italian pizza originated in Rome. Roman pizza is called “pizza bianca,” meaning white pizza. There are a couple different versions of this, but none of them include tomato sauce.

https://giordanos.com/styles-of-pizza-around-the-world/
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2019, 06:28:35 PM »
This guy pulled it off but I think you should run a temp higher than 150 degrees which is the temp that mozzarella melts at. I would also use a different searing method. A hot iron or stone surface for the bottom and a quick torch on top would do nicely. 30 seconds tops.

This is a great way to quickly go from frozen like he did in the video. I don't think it would take as long as he said in the video, 5-10 minutes in the bath should be enough.

Edit: who TF eats pizza with a fork and knife?, what a savage! You fold that shit in half and stuff it in your mouth!  >:D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 06:34:00 PM by Captain Video »

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena. Pronouns: he/him
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2019, 03:39:10 AM »
I've been trying to find out whether white pizza (pizza bianca) is traditional or not. It's not easy. Every search I do just produces recipes.
Another version of Italian pizza originated in Rome. Roman pizza is called “pizza bianca,” meaning white pizza. There are a couple different versions of this, but none of them include tomato sauce.

https://giordanos.com/styles-of-pizza-around-the-world/

It "originated" in Rome, sure, but did it originate in Rome in 1760, or did it originate in Rome in 1986?
My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe

personate-rain