Author Topic: What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)  (Read 4669 times)

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
Re: What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »
Perfection!

evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2019, 04:36:46 PM »
Perfection!

Sous vide pizza or pizza soup?

Sous vide would not be a horrible way to reheat a slice. Now I want to try it and see what happens.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2019, 06:13:45 PM »
I've been trying to find out whether white pizza (pizza bianca) is traditional or not. It's not easy. Every search I do just produces recipes.
Another version of Italian pizza originated in Rome. Roman pizza is called “pizza bianca,” meaning white pizza. There are a couple different versions of this, but none of them include tomato sauce.

https://giordanos.com/styles-of-pizza-around-the-world/
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2019, 06:28:35 PM »
This guy pulled it off but I think you should run a temp higher than 150 degrees which is the temp that mozzarella melts at. I would also use a different searing method. A hot iron or stone surface for the bottom and a quick torch on top would do nicely. 30 seconds tops.

This is a great way to quickly go from frozen like he did in the video. I don't think it would take as long as he said in the video, 5-10 minutes in the bath should be enough.

Edit: who TF eats pizza with a fork and knife?, what a savage! You fold that shit in half and stuff it in your mouth!  >:D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 06:34:00 PM by Captain Video »
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Online arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2019, 03:39:10 AM »
I've been trying to find out whether white pizza (pizza bianca) is traditional or not. It's not easy. Every search I do just produces recipes.
Another version of Italian pizza originated in Rome. Roman pizza is called “pizza bianca,” meaning white pizza. There are a couple different versions of this, but none of them include tomato sauce.

https://giordanos.com/styles-of-pizza-around-the-world/

It "originated" in Rome, sure, but did it originate in Rome in 1760, or did it originate in Rome in 1986?
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.
Orbem consistite ut escendam!

personate-rain