Author Topic: What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)  (Read 5010 times)

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
Re: What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2018, 12:55:15 AM »
According to Ryan Reynolds the French put mayo on their fries.

I don't know about the French, but I've spent most of the last three months in the Netherlands, and (1) the Dutch consume massive quantities of French fries (who knew?), and (2) they consume them with massive quantities of mayonnaise. 
Mayo on fried potato is good, but not the apex of culinary delight. It has a time and place and serves admirably in those conditions. Peppered beef gravy and fries, beef-fat fried fat fries with malt vinegar, and mid-profile dusted veg-oil fries with salt... they all have a place in my hearteries.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2018, 12:57:12 AM »

I don't know about the French, but I've spent most of the last three months in the Netherlands, and (1) the Dutch consume massive quantities of French fries (who knew?), and (2) they consume them with massive quantities of mayonnaise. 
Mayo on fried potato is good, but not the apex of culinary delight. It has a time and place and serves admirably in those conditions. Peppered beef gravy and fries, beef-fat fried fat fries with malt vinegar, and mid-profile dusted veg-oil fries with salt... they all have a place in my hearteries.

Just reading that gave me a minor heart attack.
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2018, 12:59:47 AM »
Chips with gravy is pretty much the norm here.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2018, 01:04:23 AM »

Offline jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2018, 01:07:15 AM »

If I knew Carbshark's address, I would totally order him one of these.
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2018, 01:16:02 AM »
All that comes to mind is "Christ on a cracker" but that doesn't really cover this lich-god waxsugar flatfuckbread thing.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2018, 06:08:31 AM »
When my kid wants to start up a conversation with someone he doesn't know well, he asks them "Is a hot dog a sandwich?"

Those conversations go on for eight pages too.  ;)

holy shit all my social anxiety can be erased with one question give that kid a nobel or something <head spinning>

"How do you talk so easily to total strangers?"

"Well, they're all nude..." (People wonder about my small smile.)
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »

No cheese curds? #notrealpoutinewithoutcurds!  I love poutine, the US is getting a tiny bit better at it, I know a few places that sort of make, but nothing like what I had in Montreal. So good!

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2019, 08:11:13 PM »
https://www.8satire.com/dinosaurs-got-extinct-liked-pineapple-pizza-new-study-claims/?fbclid=IwAR0WWhzPoZExGLAShEF8JFzFBkfbTlPdgrIdqT9RiovmujE0qO6nQN884QY

A new study claims that dinosaurs probably got extinct because they liked pineapple on their pizzas. This is suggested by a group of scientists by the University of Juan Perez in New Mexico, who came to this conclusion after analyzing several samples of dinosaurs. After studying the samples for several hours, they could obtain the composition of what those dinosaurs used to eat when they were alive. They analyzed it and realized that maybe that was the reason why they got extinct.

Obviously the article is satire, If dinosaurs were capable of putting pineapple on pizza I'm certain they would have become extinct much sooner.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2019, 01:56:53 PM »
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2019, 05:17:21 PM »
Pizza is meant to have tomato sauce. Hearing about Tzatziki pizza, or Tikka Masala pizza, or even Alfredo pizza is nauseating.
Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2019, 08:42:48 PM »
I've been trying to find out whether white pizza (pizza bianca) is traditional or not. It's not easy. Every search I do just produces recipes.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2019, 08:55:35 PM »
It can be quite delicious, traditional or not.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2019, 09:31:12 PM »
It can be quite delicious, traditional or not.

Yes, I agree. But I'm pretty casual about my pizzas. I'll have any standard pizza toppings up to and including furry fish. I'm not a fan of other kinds of seafood though. And I can't eat fatty meats. If it's cooked long enough that the fat is no longer soft it's fine, but soft fat literally makes me gag.

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2019, 02:20:53 PM »
I've been trying to find out whether white pizza (pizza bianca) is traditional or not. It's not easy. Every search I do just produces recipes.

Thats a really good question, It probably is traditional, Lombardi's sells them (the first pizzeria)

Also the clam pie which is close to pizza bianca.

I found this article that briefly discusses Pizza Bianca in Rome before going on about their own pies
https://www.pizzatoday.com/departments/in-the-kitchen/2009-august-pizza-bianco/

In Rome, the pizza bianca exemplifies Italy’s simple, exquisite cuisine with its dough brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and finished with fresh rosemary. Other versions see dough topped with garlic and olive oil, then dolloped with fragrant, beautiful Italian cheeses. Perhaps wood-roasted wild mushrooms share space with those cheeses, or fennel sausage or sautéed spinach.

I like a white pie (assuming its an actual pizza and not corporate sugar bread) I dont like the kind where they overload it with ricotta. I find that cheese to be overly bland and better suited to a lasagna with bolognese sauce.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 02:28:05 PM by Captain Video »
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

personate-rain