Author Topic: Planet Vulcan found!!!  (Read 509 times)

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Planet Vulcan found!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 02:52:38 PM »
If this is real, they won’t name it Vulcan. That name is reserved for a planet that doesn’t exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 03:13:30 PM »
If this is real, they won’t name it Vulcan. That name is reserved for a planet that doesn’t exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn those Romulans!
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
A source other than Reddit?
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 10:19:40 PM »

The reddit post embeds a video produced by Nature, quotes the entire abstract of the article, and links to the article and it’s abstract on the OUP website.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Online arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 10:27:11 PM »

The reddit post embeds a video produced by Nature, quotes the entire abstract of the article, and links to the article and it’s abstract on the OUP website.

Okay, thank you, but I can't access Reddit while at work. Hence my request for an alternative source.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.

Offline gmalivuk

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 10:58:56 PM »
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06725-2

I feel like just posting a reddit url with no summary or commentary is rather poor etiquette in any case, regardless of any other accessibility issues.
The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better...is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.

Online arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 11:08:20 PM »
Thank you. I understand what is going on now.  ;D

But really, isn't it the case that most eligible stars have planetary systems? It's not really all that much of a surprise that there'd be a planet in that particular system is it?

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 07:28:20 AM »
Thank you. I understand what is going on now.  ;D

But really, isn't it the case that most eligible stars have planetary systems? It's not really all that much of a surprise that there'd be a planet in that particular system is it?
Oh, sure. But how many give great Kolinahr?
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline fred.slota

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 09:07:02 AM »
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06725-2

I feel like just posting a reddit url with no summary or commentary is rather poor etiquette in any case, regardless of any other accessibility issues.
Should the commentary actually be related to the url?

JK, yes, there was context in the thread, but still, this struck me as humorous...

personate-rain