Poll

Do you eat raisins, on purpose?

Yes, I love those wrinkly little nugs of fruity joy!
meh, I'll eat them if there mixed into something else but won't go out of my way for them
ewwwww, #@!* them for not being chocolate chips! raisins are gross!!!!

Author Topic: Do you eat raisins, on purpose?  (Read 4041 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
Re: Do you eat raisins, on purpose?
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
Let’s be fair. Captain Video just doesn’t like raisins, and from that perspective it’s a fun conceit to compare them to something that everyone finds disgusting. I take his comparison of raisins to rat turds as metaphor, not literalism. The extremely vague similarity gives rise to a bit of toilet poetry.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Online Billzbub

• Stopped Going Outside
  • I know you know I know
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2019, 12:12:46 PM »
Let’s be fair. Captain Video just doesn’t like raisins, and from that perspective it’s a fun conceit to compare them to something that everyone finds disgusting. I take his comparison of raisins to rat turds as metaphor, not literalism. The extremely vague similarity gives rise to a bit of toilet poetry.

We're getting a little off topic with the rat turds.  Shouldn't we be using our time more constructively to figure out which other kind of animal turd raisins look like?  Ever seen a rabbit turd?
Quote from: Steven Novella
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2019, 02:00:50 PM »

We're getting a little off topic with the rat turds.  Shouldn't we be using our time more constructively to figure out which other kind of animal turd raisins look like?  Ever seen a rabbit turd?

I could very well be mistaken, but I think that rabbit turds look much more like raisins than rat turds do. There was a very old joke about raisins and rabbit turds with someone giving someone else “raisins” and which ended with the punch line “My rabbit died.” But it’s much more satisfying to compare the food that you hate with the poop of a disgusting rat than with the poop of a cute little bunny.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

personate-rain
personate-rain