Author Topic: SGU audiobook available now for preorder. (and I wish someone had told me)  (Read 818 times)

Offline lucek

• Not Enough Spare Time
I was just trolling Audible to use a credit or 2 I have backed up only to see randomly The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe:How to Know What's Really Real in a World Increasingly Full of Fake is available for preorder. I've religiously(pun intended) listened to the show for 11 years and this is the first I'm hearing about it. So yeah. If you were waiting on the Audiobook version go get it now.

That said Steve do you know why the British version is 10 hours while the Us release is 13.

And sorry Evan. Someone had to come last in the billing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:45:05 AM by lucek »
You have the power, but. . .
Power is just energy over time and. . .
Energy is just the ability to do work.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
Re: SGU audiobook available now for preorder. (and I wish someone had told me)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 08:59:08 AM »
They have mentioned the book a lot on the show, and asked listeners to preorder for a while. With the 512 page count I assume it must be heavily expurgated.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline lucek

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 10:36:26 AM »
They have mentioned the book a lot on the show, and asked listeners to preorder for a while. With the 512 page count I assume it must be heavily expurgated.
To clarify I heard the book as well as the audio book was coming and requests to preorder the physical book but I've been waiting for the announcement that you could buy/preorder the audio book as it is my preferred method of digesting a book. (Easier to listen while doing chores or crafts or even just walking then reading ever will be)

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »
To clarify I heard the book as well as the audio book was coming and requests to preorder the physical book but I've been waiting for the announcement that you could buy/preorder the audio book as it is my preferred method of digesting a book. (Easier to listen while doing chores or crafts or even just walking then reading ever will be)
Steve has very little control over these things, he may not have known before you either. These machines are huge getting media out.

That said, I may actually buy the audiobook too even though I'm getting a hardcover as well. I'll think of it as an extended podcast without the commercials and annoying asides (though they are often amusing and humorous asides as well)
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline WilyZ

• Brand New
First 3 chapters already listened through. See myself listening to it again. At least until the hardcover arrives...

Offline lucek

• Not Enough Spare Time
I am enjoying it aswell the audiobook is pretty well produced. The book isn't exactly revolutionary. It's basically just a reminder of the podcast. Not a bad thing. Not at all. But I have a feeling someone who hasn't lisened to the sgu sense college over a decade ago may take away a different impression.

Side note it's weird listening to Steve and being able to say yeah Cara wrote that or oh boy that was a Bob line.

personate-rain