Author Topic: Is the water molecule really an allergen?  (Read 8478 times)

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
Re: Is the water molecule really an allergen?
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2018, 05:32:03 PM »
Shrooborb, I invite you to honestly ask yourself why you're so invested in the idea that the alleged symptoms must be caused by an allergic reaction to the H20 molecule.

Because what else could it be?

Look back through the thread. Lots of suggestions have been made, but you simply brushed them off without serious consideration.   

Instead of defending a supermarket tabloid article on a skeptics forum, it might be more productive to look into some of the actual medical literature.

If there's not enough information to reach a reliable conclusion, that still doesn't justify believing the most sensational explanation being offered in the newspapers. It could be that all the cases have different causes. Without access to the original clinical data, how can you possibly know? 

Even if you don't find an answer, admitting you don't know is a far more honest and reasonable answer than just believing in something because you can't think of a better explanation.

It's like the claimants and the articles intentionally go out of their way to rule out additives in water being the cause, or that it's just a skin condition.

"It's like"? What does "it's like" even mean in this context? Is this just your own supposition?

What have the claimants and articles actually done to rule out those potential causes?

All the articles consistently read to say that these people are producing anti water antibodies, similar to how a person allergic to peanuts produces anti peanut protein antibodies.

Which articles said that? What sources do they cite for that information? Have you looked into those primary sources?

If there are no citations, or the primary sources are nowhere to be found, that should tell you the report is not reliable enough to provide a credible conclusion.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:34:56 PM by John Albert »

Offline haudace

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • Reality under scrutiny
« Reply #271 on: November 20, 2018, 07:48:35 AM »
This went on for 19 pages without a single shred of evidence?

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »
Yeah, sometimes people don't understand the importance of evidence, or they have an exceedingly low bar for what ought to constitute credible evidence. 

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
This went on for 19 pages without a single shred of evidence?

There were shreds of evidence. Not good evidence, but there were bits and pieces that just didn't add up to anything substantial.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2018, 02:50:56 PM »
I am kind of impressed there are 264 replies in this thread talking about this. Is it really this hard to debunk this non story?

Seeing as how you didn't even attempt to debunk the exceedingly persistent OP.  At least for you it is apparently extremely hard.  Or at least it's easier for you to run your mouth from the sidelines without any meaningful contribution to the thread.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

personate-rain
personate-rain