Author Topic: Age of Mythology on Steam  (Read 481 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
Age of Mythology on Steam
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:25:23 AM »
In my early teenage years, I played a lot Age of Mythology and The Titans expansion, both singleplayer and multiplayer. Having since childhood a love for history and mythology (at least Norse mythology, pretty much the only mythology I was really familiar with back then), and being a fan of the previous Age of Empires games, it was a perfect fit.

So recently I purchased the Age of Mythology version available on Steam, which also includes The Titans, as well as the old freeware campaign for the game, The Golden Gift.

In addition, I also purchased the recent expansion Tale of the Dragon, which adds the Chinese culture and a Chinese campaign. Since I know nothing about Chinese mythology, I look forward to exploring that through the game.

Anyone else having played this lovely classic recently?
"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Age of Mythology on Steam
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 12:21:05 PM »
I'm curious. Will check it out.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

personate-rain