Author Topic: A little humour for your day  (Read 368 times)

Offline bahead

• Off to a Start
A little humour for your day
« on: December 06, 2018, 10:41:14 AM »
The Irvine Royal Academy in North Ayrshire, Scotland, posted this announcement on its Twitter account a few days ago, and it's gone viral.  Because who can resist pointing out the obvious?

"Our clairvoyant night tonight has had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. If you have purchased a ticket via the school office please contact the school on 01294 278756 for a full refund."

https://twitter.com/IrvineRoyalAcad/status/1069591272749522947
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 01:11:52 PM by bahead »

Offline gebobs

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Me like hockey!
Re: A little humour for your day
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 01:01:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. By the way, our kids will be transferring to Kilwinning effective immediately. Didn't see that coming, didja?

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »
When I was hunting deserters for the Navy I frequently rode with a uniformed officer. As we were low priority we got diverted frequently. One time we were called to a mall pet store where a possible shoplifter was being detained. (The staff couldn't legally search the perp.) When we got there the guy was loudly proclaiming his innocence. However, there was a moving bulge in his jacket, one that needed to walkies no less than ten minutes ago. I watched with jaw hanging low as he tried to lie his way out of being searched while urine and feces dripped from his waist. After 20 years in the USN and fourteen years at Purdue this was still the silliest thing I've ever seen.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 02:13:08 PM »
Don’t keep us in suspense! What kind of animal was it?
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 02:14:11 PM »
Don’t keep us in suspense! What kind of animal was it?
Just a yip-yip dog, bichon frise.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 02:57:24 PM »
Shoplifting a dog. I have to say that’s hilarious.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck