Author Topic: Episode #700  (Read 22481 times)

Online arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
Re: Episode #700
« Reply #645 on: March 20, 2019, 09:23:11 PM »
I had hair down to the middle of my back for years in the 90s, and my hair is naturally lush and wavy. I don't recall ever being mistaken for a woman.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline Beef Wellington

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #646 on: March 21, 2019, 03:39:31 PM »
I had hair down to the middle of my back for years in the 90s, and my hair is naturally lush and wavy. I don't recall ever being mistaken for a woman.

I was mistaken for a girl a number of times when I had long hair as a kid. I recall one incident at a hotel pool, I think I was 11, when another kid asked if I was a boy or a girl. I answered boy, and he said "You're a girl." It wasn't worth fighting over so I just walked away. To be young again...
"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose" - Dale Gribble

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #647 on: March 21, 2019, 08:38:32 PM »
I was never mistaken for a girl. I was merely harassed verbally for having long hair. "You can't tell the boys from the girls" was just an idiotic thing that the haters used to say to and about men who had long hair (and often, long beards).
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Online brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #648 on: March 21, 2019, 09:03:33 PM »
The funniest one for me was in a bar. I was in the men's room, standing at the urinal, returning my beer. A drunken man sorta crashed into the room. I was facing the wall, but there was a mirrored surface, so I saw him stagger upright, see my long curly hair, leap off the wrong cliffclusion, and stagger back out saying something like, "Ohshitsorry!"

As I finished up, the door burst open again. Same guy.

"This is the men's room!" he said.

"Yup," I said, starting to wash my hands.

He made an inarticulate noise and made his way to the stall.

Still makes me laugh.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

personate-rain