Author Topic: CBD oil and anxiety?  (Read 760 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Re: CBD oil and anxiety?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 01:30:48 PM »
Isn't CBD (cannabidiol) the compound responsible for the quality that some stoners describe as "kind bud"?

CBD does not get you high, Kind bud was an indica/sativa hybrid but really just a name that only meant a higher quality product.

I know CBD doesn't "get you high," in the sense that it is not the source of marijuana's psychedelic properties. But it does have sedative hypnotic effects.

Nowadays, nearly all the marijuana on the market (with the possible exception of wild "ditch weed") is some form of indica/sativa hybrid.

But back in the 1980s and 90s when I used to smoke, the term "kind bud" had a more specific meaning than just higher quality product. Calling a particular strain "kind bud" meant that it imparted a mellower, calming kind of high as opposed to the harsh THC buzz that makes some people anxious and paranoid.

More recently, a friend of mine who lives in California and buys his marijuana from dispensaries has told me that CBD is the active compound responsible for the relaxing effects of "kind bud."

I agree it has sedative-hypnotic effects. But it doesn`t work the same as other drugs. A friend of mine started to vape CBD 1 year ago. To be honest I didn`t believe you can "vape" cbd before finding this information on vapingdaily https://vapingdaily.com/blog/how-long-does-cbd-stay-in-your-system/. He feels very relax after vaping. Did anybody try to vape it too?

I have only ever seen it in vape form on the streets, My mother gets both vape and oil forms at "The marijuana store" as she calls it.  I guess Florida just changed the law and she now has access to buds. She still prefers the CBD vape during the day and the THC at night.  I saw her in person for the first time in a few years last week and I have never seen her look so good. For years she was on morphine and now CBD/THC has allowed her to become a real person again.

I tried it for my back.  I injured myself about a year and a half ago, and it's been a nightmare for me.  I was disappointed, I really didn't feel any effect at all.  I bought a bottle of the oil and was using the dropper in my mouth.  I didn't try vaping.

Was it of the same quality you find in a medical marijuana facility?  The stuff you get at the gas station or the vape store is not the same. I'm also pretty sure the CBD my mom uses still has a small amount of THC mixed in.  Not enough to make her feel "high"

Its back pain that she uses it for. She had several bone spurs removed and several vertebrae fused. she has been is extreme pain for the last 15 years until now, she was a zombie on morphine.

edit- sorry for repeating myself, i see I said something similar in a comment above.

I bought it at a local store that specifically sells medical marijuana.  I bought the middle concentration.  It was frustrating to me because there is really no recommended dosage.  I mean, the bottle says take 2-3 droppers full and then, take more if there's no response.  I used four droppers full for a while, but I got nothing out of it, then I was afraid of side effects. 

My mom is in the same boat as yours with the back pain.  She's been on morphine for about the same amount of time, and has had unsuccessful surgery as well.   

My moms doctor gave her parameters on concentration percentages then left it up to her to find the blends of THC/CBD that work best for her.   

I'm very sorry your mom is going through the same thing. I have to recommend that you get her into a MM program if she is not already.  Everyone is different but My mom was able to eliminate the morphine completely after being on heavy doses for years.  It messed with so many other body functions they they thought were other problems.   Her quality of life has done a complete reversal. She came to see my hotdog stand and ordered one with a ton of stuff on it,  I was hesitant then she said , "Yep, I can eat anything I want now and I dont get sick!"

I personally suspect its the THC rather than the CBD because I didn't think it did that much for me when I tried it either.  I was only using vape store additive. I have never tried CBD with a small amount of THC myself, that mite be the trick.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Online Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 02:26:30 PM »
Isn't CBD (cannabidiol) the compound responsible for the quality that some stoners describe as "kind bud"?

CBD does not get you high, Kind bud was an indica/sativa hybrid but really just a name that only meant a higher quality product.

I know CBD doesn't "get you high," in the sense that it is not the source of marijuana's psychedelic properties. But it does have sedative hypnotic effects.

Nowadays, nearly all the marijuana on the market (with the possible exception of wild "ditch weed") is some form of indica/sativa hybrid.

But back in the 1980s and 90s when I used to smoke, the term "kind bud" had a more specific meaning than just higher quality product. Calling a particular strain "kind bud" meant that it imparted a mellower, calming kind of high as opposed to the harsh THC buzz that makes some people anxious and paranoid.

More recently, a friend of mine who lives in California and buys his marijuana from dispensaries has told me that CBD is the active compound responsible for the relaxing effects of "kind bud."

I agree it has sedative-hypnotic effects. But it doesn`t work the same as other drugs. A friend of mine started to vape CBD 1 year ago. To be honest I didn`t believe you can "vape" cbd before finding this information on vapingdaily https://vapingdaily.com/blog/how-long-does-cbd-stay-in-your-system/. He feels very relax after vaping. Did anybody try to vape it too?

I have only ever seen it in vape form on the streets, My mother gets both vape and oil forms at "The marijuana store" as she calls it.  I guess Florida just changed the law and she now has access to buds. She still prefers the CBD vape during the day and the THC at night.  I saw her in person for the first time in a few years last week and I have never seen her look so good. For years she was on morphine and now CBD/THC has allowed her to become a real person again.

I tried it for my back.  I injured myself about a year and a half ago, and it's been a nightmare for me.  I was disappointed, I really didn't feel any effect at all.  I bought a bottle of the oil and was using the dropper in my mouth.  I didn't try vaping.

Was it of the same quality you find in a medical marijuana facility?  The stuff you get at the gas station or the vape store is not the same. I'm also pretty sure the CBD my mom uses still has a small amount of THC mixed in.  Not enough to make her feel "high"

Its back pain that she uses it for. She had several bone spurs removed and several vertebrae fused. she has been is extreme pain for the last 15 years until now, she was a zombie on morphine.

edit- sorry for repeating myself, i see I said something similar in a comment above.

I bought it at a local store that specifically sells medical marijuana.  I bought the middle concentration.  It was frustrating to me because there is really no recommended dosage.  I mean, the bottle says take 2-3 droppers full and then, take more if there's no response.  I used four droppers full for a while, but I got nothing out of it, then I was afraid of side effects. 

My mom is in the same boat as yours with the back pain.  She's been on morphine for about the same amount of time, and has had unsuccessful surgery as well.   

My moms doctor gave her parameters on concentration percentages then left it up to her to find the blends of THC/CBD that work best for her.   

I'm very sorry your mom is going through the same thing. I have to recommend that you get her into a MM program if she is not already.  Everyone is different but My mom was able to eliminate the morphine completely after being on heavy doses for years.  It messed with so many other body functions they they thought were other problems.   Her quality of life has done a complete reversal. She came to see my hotdog stand and ordered one with a ton of stuff on it,  I was hesitant then she said , "Yep, I can eat anything I want now and I dont get sick!"

I personally suspect its the THC rather than the CBD because I didn't think it did that much for me when I tried it either.  I was only using vape store additive. I have never tried CBD with a small amount of THC myself, that mite be the trick.

That's great to hear about your mom.  I appreciate the advice, as well.  Thanks.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Online stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »
CBD definitely has a noticeable effect, if you actually get a dosage of it. My guess is that it is not trace THC, because I have used CBD oil after building up a significant THC tolerance, and I still notice the effect.

I bought my CBD oil from a head-shop. It was $60 for a gram of CBD, which is less than it costs at a recreation dispensary. Apparently, it's not a top-tier brand, but the company is literally right down the road from the head-shop.

(click to show/hide)

If a dropper-full doesn't give you some kind of effect, it's probably junk. I try to take it like a proper sublingual (leaving it in a pool under your tongue for up to a minute or so). Then again, I still don't understand how the oil manages to mix with your saliva and water-soluble mucus membrane—simply eating it should also work, as with edibles.

Ironically, the gold standard for a body high is actually something that I experienced when I was a teenager, one of the first times smoking weed. Don't know anything about the strain. Body is tingling, almost itching. Limbs would twitch a bit. My guess is I should experience the same if I take enough CBD.

personate-rain