Author Topic: SGU Event in Bethlehem Pennsylvania on April 26 2019  (Read 220 times)

Online Billzbub

• Frequent Poster
  • I know you know I know
SGU Event in Bethlehem Pennsylvania on April 26 2019
« on: January 28, 2019, 12:14:47 PM »
The SGU announced in Episode 707 that they will be in Bethlehem Pennsylvania on April 26 2019.  They will be splitting the day into the Day Show and the Night Show.  You can get tickets to either show, and you get a discount if you get tickets to both.

Day Show
12:00-2:30 Role Playing Lunch - Can participate or just watch, kind of like hosting a murder party, but more like a soiree.
3:00-5:00 Private recording of the podcast

Evening Show
7:00-8:30 George Hrab Concert
8:30 - 10:00 Skeptical Extravaganza - A variety show with the rogues and George Hrab

I'll update this post when tickets become available.

I'm going, and depending on my daughter's university schedule that day, she and her boyfriend may go with me.  I will definitely be there by 4pm, but I might get there by noon if I'm lucky.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:18:48 PM by Billzbub »
Quote from: Steven Novella
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

Offline jguistwite

• Brand New
Re: SGU Event in Bethlehem Pennsylvania on April 26 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »
Any details available for this event?   Another thread reported that Jay will provide information but I didn't see anything yet.  Two skeptics here in New Jersey are excited to attend :)

Online AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderatrix
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 03:56:44 PM »
A daytime event on a Friday?  I do have a music department concert that night, but historically it's a very lightly attended one, so I might be able to deputize students to cover it so I can do something skeptical. 

Let's keep an eye out for a more specific schedule.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Online Billzbub

• Frequent Poster
  • I know you know I know
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 04:53:41 PM »
Episode 707 had a more specific schedule, I just can't remember it.  They talked about it after Science or Fiction, just a few minutes before the end of the episode.
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

Online Billzbub

• Frequent Poster
  • I know you know I know
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:19:09 PM »
I updated the original post with the itinerary.