Author Topic: the death of steam?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Sawyer

• Well Established
Re: the death of steam?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2019, 10:06:21 PM »
Some positive news that I guess I'll just stick in this thread - Steam added their own custom online co-op for a ton of games recently.

Not that this tells us anything about important Steam, I just want someone to play co-op Spelunky with.  Or Cuphead.

Offline Sawyer

• Well Established
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »
Apparently Celeste is now free on Epic Games.

Friendship with Steam ended.  Epic Games is cool now.

(jk but this is my favorite game of the last 2 years, everyone should get it)

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2019, 01:20:06 PM »
Looks like EA will head back to steam and the new star wars game fallen order will be on steam and the rest of its library making it's way back.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/29/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-ea-access-games-steam/

Just FYI, I bought the game on Steam, and it makes you do everything through Origin. You have to have Origin installed, you have to be signed into it, and you have to be online to launch the game. I was more than a little pissed when I realized the bait and switch...

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2019, 08:44:31 AM »
Macs have never been seen as a great gaming platform, so I'd probably check out Apple Steam at some point. I'd like to get back into non-console gaming.

When I first installed Steam on my Mac in 2015, I was surprised to find out that half of my Steam games are on Mac. And FWIW, the Steam app itself seemed to run just fine, same as the Windows version. The first two I played were Binding of Isaac (sort of lame, it ran fine but didn't support achievements, and IIRC controller or fullscreen). Meanwhile, Mark of the Ninja ran great (supported all three aforementioned features), and even Tropico 4.

I've been subscribed to Humble Bundle monthly for a couple of years now, so my Steam game count has gone from well over a hundred, to several hundred, when I get around to actually adding all the product keys.

personate-rain