Author Topic: The meat in McDonald's burgers can barely be called "beef"....  (Read 3163 times)

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: The meat in McDonald's burgers can barely be called "beef"....
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2019, 08:00:42 PM »
Well, this seems relevant.
https://thetakeout.com/usda-pink-slime-meat-beef-lean-finely-textured-1832561890

Carbshark will be delighted to hear this, I'm sure:
In December 2018, the United States Department Of Agriculture’s Food Safety And Inspection Service quietly reclassified “lean finely textured beef,” which some deride as “pink slime,” as “ground beef.”

Not related to the pink slime thing, but this bit seemed weird to me:
(…) saying it will make consumers nervous about beef products and could even open the door for lab-grown or cell-based meat to be labeled ground beef.
Um, yeah? Of course it's ground beef. What the hell else would it be?
What is the exact opposite of delighted?

‘Deboarded’ is the exact opposite of ‘boarded,’ so perhaps ‘lighted’ is the direct opposite of ‘delighted?’

I was looking for a word of the opposite meaning in English. Should have been clear about that.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Well Established
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »
Well, this seems relevant.
https://thetakeout.com/usda-pink-slime-meat-beef-lean-finely-textured-1832561890

Carbshark will be delighted to hear this, I'm sure:
In December 2018, the United States Department Of Agriculture’s Food Safety And Inspection Service quietly reclassified “lean finely textured beef,” which some deride as “pink slime,” as “ground beef.”

Not related to the pink slime thing, but this bit seemed weird to me:
(…) saying it will make consumers nervous about beef products and could even open the door for lab-grown or cell-based meat to be labeled ground beef.
Um, yeah? Of course it's ground beef. What the hell else would it be?

‘Deboarded’ is the exact opposite of ‘boarded,’ so perhaps ‘lighted’ is the direct opposite of ‘delighted?’

I was looking for a word of the opposite meaning in English. Should have been clear about that.

Well, ‘lighted’ is an English word.  It was a wordplay.  I took your comment as a wordplay too, since obviously you could have done a Google search yourself.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/delighted

Take your pick.  I don’t know what context you’re trying to use the direct opposite of ‘delighted.’
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück?

Offline Billzbub

• Stopped Going Outside
  • I know you know I know
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2019, 02:23:49 PM »
Playful way to deliver an idea:

Cute humorous response:

Weirdly making it into an actual discussion:

Weirdly taking it one step further to forum policeland:

Cute humorous response:

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Steven Novella
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

Offline bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Well Established
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2019, 04:07:32 PM »

Cute humorous response:

Cute humorous response:

(click to show/hide)

What is the exact opposite in English of
(click to show/hide)
?

Actually, I think we’re well and truly off topic, and we’d better stop before the site Nazis moderators issue us with an infraction.
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück?