Author Topic: Searching for two episodes - please help  (Read 369 times)

Offline Vay

• Not Enough Spare Time
Searching for two episodes - please help
« on: March 28, 2019, 10:25:56 PM »
Hey y'all, this is an episode question, but since I can't remember which episodes they are, I can't use the episodes forum to ask about them!  Basically I'm looking for interviews from two episodes, and the archive synopsises (?) haven't been helpful because they use guest's names rather than descriptions, but I don't remember the guys' names.  The interviews were in the last five months or so.

1) a science fiction author discussing his work.  I remember picked "Destination, The Stars" as one of his own favorite sci-fi works.
2) a Philosophy of Science guy.  I recall there was a very interesting discussion on the question of proving causality.
Journalist: "Do you accept the basic premise that smoking kills?"
Cigarette industry executive: "No. I think scientists that make statements like this are making political statements, not scientific statements."

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: Searching for two episodes - please help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:28:07 AM »
For #2, you might be thinking of Devin Brey on Episode 697.

Offline Billzbub

• Stopped Going Outside
  • I know you know I know
Re: Searching for two episodes - please help
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:09:26 PM »
For #1, I think the author's name was Brian Trent.  I downloaded his book Ten Thousand Thunders that he mentioned on the show.  Maybe having his name will help you find the episode.
Quote from: Steven Novella
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

personate-rain