Author Topic: Tom Brady and pseudoscience  (Read 312 times)

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
Tom Brady and pseudoscience
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:20:35 PM »
For those who need a compelling reason to cheer for one team over another today, there are a lot of interesting stories about Tom Brady's championing of pseudoscience:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-is-drowning-in-his-own-junk-science-advice

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/30/18203676/tom-brady-diet-book-water

I demand the Steve, Bob, Jay, and Evan retract their support of the Pats!  :laugh:

Offline Bill K

• Well Established
  • Fear & Loathing.
    • Me.
Re: Tom Brady and pseudoscience
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »
 So very unfortunately, pseudoscience manages to remain prevalent in sports. While I don't believe Tom Brady's case has been specifically discussed on the podcast, certainly pseudoscience and sports have. Perhaps, though, this is an opportunity to go more in-depth on the issue or to at least bring it up again. This is probably a good idea in terms of clicks, it being Tom Brady, the Superbowl, etc.
"We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 06:34:48 PM »
I dont expect athletes to know better.
What surprises me is the amount of national level coaches at the olympics every 4yrs who have their athletes following absolute bullshit.

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:33:06 AM »
Even in the sports world of pseudoscience, Brady stands out for his passionate marketing of nonsense. His TB12 brand has been called "Goop for bros".

personate-rain
personate-rain