Author Topic: Chrome on my iPad no longer renders this site properly  (Read 202 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
Chrome on my iPad no longer renders this site properly
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:41:14 AM »
Specifically, if I try to type into the quick reply box, the on-screen keyboard completely covers the box and I cannot see what I’m typing. If I hit “preview” then I can see the box I’m typing into, unless I have typed a long reply, in which case, again the on-screen keyboard covers the reply box and I cannot see what I’m typing. I have no idea whether this began with a change in Chrome or a change in the SGU Forums software.

I solved the problem by switching to Firefox for this site.

Just posting this as general interest. I normally would not be using a tablet to access chat boards, but my desktop computer is back home. Once I have my own place here I’ll bring my desktop computer over.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Online bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Well Established
Re: Chrome on my iPad no longer renders this site properly
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »
Specifically, if I try to type into the quick reply box, the on-screen keyboard completely covers the box and I cannot see what I’m typing. If I hit “preview” then I can see the box I’m typing into, unless I have typed a long reply, in which case, again the on-screen keyboard covers the reply box and I cannot see what I’m typing. I have no idea whether this began with a change in Chrome or a change in the SGU Forums software.

I solved the problem by switching to Firefox for this site.

Just posting this as general interest. I normally would not be using a tablet to access chat boards, but my desktop computer is back home. Once I have my own place here I’ll bring my desktop computer over.

Why aren’t you using Safari?  Does Chrome have any advantages over Safari?  I’ve just downloaded Chrome, and I’m using it to comment.  It seems equivalent.

iPads occasionally develop temporary glitches.  Perhaps this might be one?  Occasionally on my iPad the screen won’t rotate into landscape display when I turn the screen.  I find restarting the iPad often works.  Perhaps that might be worth trying.
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück?

personate-rain
personate-rain