Author Topic: Biblical quotes preferences and fads.  (Read 1763 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Re: Biblical quotes preferences and fads.
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2019, 02:44:15 PM »
"Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel." Ezekiel 4:9.

This is my favorite bread.

I've only ever seen it in the freezer section of the "organic" section at the store. Frozen bread has never appealed to me. The fairly low sodium level appeals to me. I'd definitely give it a try if I could get it fresh and not previously frozen. Are you able to get it fresh?

I have occasionally put bread in the freezer before a trip. When I get back it's okay for toast. Not great, but not bad enough to throw out.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Online CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2019, 03:14:19 PM »
"Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel." Ezekiel 4:9.

I've only ever seen it in the freezer section of the "organic" section at the store. Frozen bread has never appealed to me. The fairly low sodium level appeals to me. I'd definitely give it a try if I could get it fresh and not previously frozen. Are you able to get it fresh?

I have occasionally put bread in the freezer before a trip. When I get back it's okay for toast. Not great, but not bad enough to throw out.

This is acceptable for some reduced carb diets and I've tried it. You can sometimes find it fresh in local bakeries who produce it on contract for the distribution.

I've tried it, but it's too carby for me.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2019, 03:17:24 PM »
Are you able to get it fresh?

Yeah, at a Trader Joe's.  It's like wheat bread with subtly better texture and flavor.  But the nutrition is the main selling point, imo.
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2019, 04:57:41 PM »

Yeah, at a Trader Joe's.  It's like wheat bread with subtly better texture and flavor.  But the nutrition is the main selling point, imo.

I went to their web site. The nearest Trader Joe's is more than 2,300 miles from me, according to Google Earth. That's a bit too far for me to go to try out a different kind of bread.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Online CarbShark

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2019, 05:39:37 PM »

I went to their web site. The nearest Trader Joe's is more than 2,300 miles from me, according to Google Earth. That's a bit too far for me to go to try out a different kind of bread.

Wow, I'm surprised TJs isn't in Hawaii, that would be pretty fertile ground for them, you'd think.

Do you have Whole Foods?

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2019, 07:12:06 PM »

Wow, I'm surprised TJs isn't in Hawaii, that would be pretty fertile ground for them, you'd think.

Do you have Whole Foods?

Yes, we have one of those. I don't much like them, though. The whole "organic" scam. Their web site says they have several kinds of Ezikiel Bread and some similar-looking breads, but doesn't say whether those are baked locally under license, or shipped here frozen.

I might phone them after I move into my new house, to ask whether it's baked locally or sold frozen. I'll be closer to Kahului then, where the store is.
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Well Established
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2019, 08:19:39 PM »

This is acceptable for some reduced carb diets and I've tried it. You can sometimes find it fresh in local bakeries who produce it on contract for the distribution.

This is definitely spillover.  You’ve shifted from biblical verses to proselytising for your ideologically preferred diet.  Stay on topic.
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück?

Online CarbShark

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2019, 08:36:26 PM »

This is definitely spillover.  You’ve shifted from biblical verses to proselytising for your ideologically preferred diet.  Stay on topic.

You may be right that talking about biblical bread, and where to buy it, is not germane to a discussion of the bible and related fads.

But you may be wrong.

Online arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2019, 09:18:07 PM »
I've also been told by fundamentalist Christians that Jesus's teachings were all well and good back then, but that they are "impractical" today. So it's okay to ignore them. But the fact is that they were probably far less practical then than now in the age of welfare and soup kitchens and homeless shelters.

I was taught not so much that it's okay to ignore because they're impractical, but that they were instructions for another time with different situations and cultural background. As culture changes, so does God's word. As an example, I was also told that the commandments of Deuteronomy and Numbers were specific to the Hebrews at the time, and since the coming of the Messiah fulfilled all of those laws, new ones came into effect afterwards. The Old Testament laws were intended to bring about the Messiah, the New Testament laws were intended to prepare people for the Kingdom of Heaven.

*shrug* different churches teach different things, and always have.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Offline bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Well Established
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2019, 09:40:33 PM »

You may be right that talking about biblical bread, and where to buy it, is not germane to a discussion of the bible and related fads.

But you may be wrong.

I’m not wrong.  The spillover was your obsession with avoiding carbohydrates.
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück?

personate-rain