Author Topic: Thank you, anti-vaxers  (Read 321 times)

Online CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Thank you, anti-vaxers
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:59:37 PM »

30 Harvard-Westlake students diagnosed with whooping cough amid wider outbreak - Los Angeles Times

Thirty students at the private Harvard-Westlake School have recently fallen ill with whooping cough, part of a larger outbreak across Los Angeles County that officials are struggling to contain.

Harvard-Westlake is just as private and expensive as school as its name sounds. Most families sending kids there are millionaires.

and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Online CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Thank you, anti-vaxers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 06:44:28 PM »

Congressman asks Amazon to stop suggesting anti-vaccination content

Rep. Adam Schiff has sent a letter to Jeff Bezos expressing concern over a CNN report showing that Amazon was not only recommending anti-vaccination books and videos in its search results, but was displaying them in sponsored posts. Schiff worried that Amazon was spreading false scientific claims, including content that appears to be neutral on the surface. He effectively asked Bezos to stop suggesting these titles out of a duty to "act responsibly" and asked the CEO to answer questions about Amazon's stance on the material.

That's my guy!
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Well Established
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 07:41:02 PM »

Congressman asks Amazon to stop suggesting anti-vaccination content

Rep. Adam Schiff has sent a letter to Jeff Bezos expressing concern over a CNN report showing that Amazon was not only recommending anti-vaccination books and videos in its search results, but was displaying them in sponsored posts. Schiff worried that Amazon was spreading false scientific claims, including content that appears to be neutral on the surface. He effectively asked Bezos to stop suggesting these titles out of a duty to "act responsibly" and asked the CEO to answer questions about Amazon's stance on the material.

That's my guy!

Amazon often ‘recommends’ inappropriate books to me, including global warming denialism and Intelligent Design pseudoscience.  I suspect it’s because on occasion I’ve looked at books without similar views.  There’s usually no ambiguity about what the books are about, and it’s easy to realise that I wouldn’t be interested.
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück?

Offline Billzbub

• Stopped Going Outside
  • I know you know I know
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 11:12:47 AM »
Quote from: Steven Novella
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

personate-rain
personate-rain