Poll

What do you think of first when you hear "Georgia"?

The independent country Georgia
2 (5.4%)
The American state Georgia
27 (73%)
Other
8 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: What do you think of first when you hear "Georgia"?  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Re: What do you think of first when you hear "Georgia"?
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2019, 12:44:09 PM »
I think of my former state of residence. Georgia has lots of good things about it. Most people are genuinely nice, the weather is beautiful, and the warm seasons are great. The bad things outweigh the good things, IMHO.

Bad things: the government is corrupt, from the governor right down to the Recorder's Court clerks. There is still a lot of racism. In Atlanta, get used to being called a "white devil" or "cracker", if you're white. If you're not white, get used to being regularly taunted with racist slurs outside Atlanta. They even have 2 state flags. If you see the two columned flag with revolutionary war figures, you're in Atlanta and suburbs. If you see the old stars and bars flag, you're in Georgia. Women aren't so much humans as baby incubators.

I'm SO GLAD I got the hell out of Georgia.

Sent using Tapatalk.

I have never once been called a white devil or a cracker in Georgia. I'm not saying you were not called that but if someone was called that I would have to wonder why.

Thanks for reducing traffic in ATL and welcome to the forum.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline FrugalLife

• Triskaidekaphilic
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2019, 01:17:20 PM »
So, because you had a different experience, I'm either lying or somehow deserved it?

FYI, I was called a "white devil", after asking a black lady about her star of David necklace. She explained that she's a "Black Hebrew". I asked, very politely, what is a Black Hebrew. She went on to describe some beliefs, where she bemoaned the existence of "white devils". I asked what is a "white devil", and she gestured toward me. As I walked away saying something about her being racist, she called me a "filthy white devil". She was a cashier at the Stone Mountain gift shop.

The cracker label was tossed my way after accidentally bumping into a guy walking into a store. I apologized, because I couldn't see where I was walking, having my hands full of boxes. The guy called me a "useless, entitled cracker", and kept walking. I had never heard that word before, being from the western part of the country.

You're most welcome. You can keep the traffic, corruption and racism all for yourself.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »
The wet heat.  It makes people crazy.
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2019, 01:41:17 PM »
So, because you had a different experience, I'm either lying or somehow deserved it?

FYI, I was called a "white devil", after asking a black lady about her star of David necklace. She explained that she's a "Black Hebrew". I asked, very politely, what is a Black Hebrew. She went on to describe some beliefs, where she bemoaned the existence of "white devils". I asked what is a "white devil", and she gestured toward me. As I walked away saying something about her being racist, she called me a "filthy white devil". She was a cashier at the Stone Mountain gift shop.

The cracker label was tossed my way after accidentally bumping into a guy walking into a store. I apologized, because I couldn't see where I was walking, having my hands full of boxes. The guy called me a "useless, entitled cracker", and kept walking. I had never heard that word before, being from the western part of the country.

You're most welcome. You can keep the traffic, corruption and racism all for yourself.

Sent using Tapatalk.

I thought I was specific that was not calling you a liar, sorry if you were still given that impression. I also never accused you of anything and merely wondered why because yes my experiences have been different.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2019, 11:55:44 AM »
To be fair, the Black Hebrew Isrealite movement is a racist cult, and seriously wackadoodle.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds