Author Topic: March 23 as Atheist Day?  (Read 827 times)

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
Re: March 23 as Atheist Day?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 08:49:01 PM »
Why?

I think the quote and link in the OP explain the purpose behind it.

I understand, but it doesn't explain the motivation or reasoning for arbitrarily and unilaterally declaring one particular day to recognise and affirm atheism. What's the end goal of doing that?

Again, the quote and video in the OP explain it.

The quote doesn't explain it, and I'm not going to be watching the video. Can you summarise? Because right now, I don't recognise that Atheist Republic has the authority to declare shit on my behalf.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiarii?

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2019, 10:15:35 AM »
Why?

I understand, but it doesn't explain the motivation or reasoning for arbitrarily and unilaterally declaring one particular day to recognise and affirm atheism. What's the end goal of doing that?

The quote doesn't explain it, and I'm not going to be watching the video. Can you summarise? Because right now, I don't recognise that Atheist Republic has the authority to declare shit on my behalf.

Yet you have no problem making a declaration on behalf of all the religious believers.

The day is for solidarity with atheists who suffer from intolerance around the world.
"I appear as a skeptic, who believes that doubt is the great engine, the great fuel, of all inquiry, all discovery, and all innovation" - Christopher Hitchens

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 10:52:14 PM »
Why?

Yet you have no problem making a declaration on behalf of all the religious believers.

I'm not seeing the relevance of what I said in that thread to what I'm saying in this thread.

The day is for solidarity with atheists who suffer from intolerance around the world.

Cool. If you want to do that, go for it. I'll stay home.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiarii?

personate-rain