General Discussions > General Discussion

things that use to be really important to you and just aren't anymore

(1/11) > >>

superdave:
I was just thinknig about how weird life is..how there is stuff that can be central to your existence that just fades away..

I had girlfriends I swore I would love forever tha I later broke up with.
I thought I'd always care about the Knicks and basketball season.
I didn't think I'd ever to be live outside of NYC.
A lot of religious habits that fell away..

anyways,
just a very tired first monday after daylight savings time change post.

Harry Black:
I get this. There are things I would have very confidently gotten tatoos of years ago but im so glad i didnt!

amysrevenge:
Keeping up with pop culture - especially things like TV and movies.  30 years ago (when it was admitedly a much easier task) I would have seen at least several episodes of every sitcom, drama, anything on network TV.  20 years ago I would have seen every movie up for Best Picture.  10 years ago I would have seen some, and be culturally aware of the others.  This year, I don't think I could even name 2 of them, and I haven't watched a sitcom for maybe 8 or 9 years(?).  And I doooon't giiiiive a shiiiiiit about it. 

I've fully embraced the concept "there is more content than I will ever be able to enjoy", and so I just watch stuff I like when I feel like it, and don't worry about the stuff I don't get to.

random poet:

--- Quote from: amysrevenge on March 11, 2019, 12:47:12 PM ---Keeping up with pop culture - especially things like TV and movies.  30 years ago (when it was admitedly a much easier task) I would have seen at least several episodes of every sitcom, drama, anything on network TV.  20 years ago I would have seen every movie up for Best Picture.  10 years ago I would have seen some, and be culturally aware of the others.  This year, I don't think I could even name 2 of them, and I haven't watched a sitcom for maybe 8 or 9 years(?).  And I doooon't giiiiive a shiiiiiit about it. 

I've fully embraced the concept "there is more content than I will ever be able to enjoy", and so I just watch stuff I like when I feel like it, and don't worry about the stuff I don't get to.

--- End quote ---
Same, but limited to Dragon Ball Z in 1999-2000.

superdave:

--- Quote from: random poet on March 11, 2019, 01:39:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: amysrevenge on March 11, 2019, 12:47:12 PM ---Keeping up with pop culture - especially things like TV and movies.  30 years ago (when it was admitedly a much easier task) I would have seen at least several episodes of every sitcom, drama, anything on network TV.  20 years ago I would have seen every movie up for Best Picture.  10 years ago I would have seen some, and be culturally aware of the others.  This year, I don't think I could even name 2 of them, and I haven't watched a sitcom for maybe 8 or 9 years(?).  And I doooon't giiiiive a shiiiiiit about it. 

--- End quote ---
Same, but limited to Dragon Ball Z in 1999-2000.

--- End quote ---

google dragon ball z abridged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version