Author Topic: How much soda/soft drink do you drink on a weekly basis?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
Re: How much soda/soft drink do you drink on a weekly basis?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2019, 02:47:45 AM »
0.0 L/Week.  Last cola was 2004 trying to ease the pain of radiotherapy; didn't help.
"Pull the goalie", Malcolm Gladwell.

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Re: How much soda/soft drink do you drink on a weekly basis?
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2019, 09:30:01 AM »
Drink soda about 0.25 times a week, maybe.

I used to buy 1.5 liter bottles, because the 0.5 liter ones and the cans were ridiculously overpriced in comparison, so I wasn't really tempted to buy much soda on the go, I had enough at home. But ultimately I got tired of having so many bottles build up if I wasn't diligent in returning them, so I stopped buying soda. I'll have junkfood somewhat reguarly, but with water. I try to always bring a freshly refilled water with me.

I miss return bottles and wish we would bring them back.

Come to Germany!  Returning bottles is a national pastime.

I believe that Captain Video was referring to refillable glass bottles, not merely to bottles returnable for a deposit.  The latter are still readily found here in the states. I, too, have fond memories of drinking cold (sugar-sweetened) Pepsi out of a thick, frosty glass bottle, scratched and scuffed from its multiple reuses.
For me it was Coke pulled out of a coin operated machine that had a door on the side you would open to grasp the top of the bottle to pull it out.

My friend has one of those in his house made for the shorter bottles, he stocks it with beer. I dont drink beer but when I visit there is always a Mexican Fanta in there waiting for me. I love the noise it makes when you pull the bottle and hear the rest slide into a new position.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

personate-rain