Author Topic: Tech Woes  (Read 3907 times)

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
Re: Tech Woes
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2019, 09:49:47 PM »
Just a heads up, I've had some mild issues with using third party DNS where websites sometimes didn't load my location properly.
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2019, 12:11:59 AM »
Memory problems, uggg

windows told me so but I was trying not to believe it,

MemTest86 is still running but I see it found some errors.

Anyone have any experience with this? I have 64gb and i'm hoping the test will tell me which stick/sticks are bad. 

“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2019, 01:30:33 PM »
Memory problems, uggg

windows told me so but I was trying not to believe it,

MemTest86 is still running but I see it found some errors.

Anyone have any experience with this? I have 64gb and i'm hoping the test will tell me which stick/sticks are bad.

13 hours later and the test is still not complete.  I thought it was stuck but the percentage just jumped a point , its on the 4/4 pass on the last test at 66% complete, this last pass is 91% complete overall .WTF!
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Online werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2019, 07:12:47 PM »
I noticed something slightly creepy today. I was watching my old Veronica Mars DVDs again a few weeks ago. Today I google a totally unrelated image and Veronica pops up out of nowhere with zero relevance to my query. The google is learning me and inserting pleasing imagery into my brain to prompt my dopamine response and keep me coming back for more.
Mooohn!

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »
I noticed something slightly creepy today. I was watching my old Veronica Mars DVDs again a few weeks ago. Today I google a totally unrelated image and Veronica pops up out of nowhere with zero relevance to my query. The google is learning me and inserting pleasing imagery into my brain to prompt my dopamine response and keep me coming back for more.

Um...
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

personate-rain
personate-rain